The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tricks/effects with a red & blue DB deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Somewhere along the line, I picked up a full deck of double-backed cards -- red on one side, blue on the other.

I've looked at chapter 7 ("Double Back Principles") in Hugard's "Encyclopedia of Card Tricks," but only a very few of the tricks it describes (maybe five?) rely specifically on red/blue DB cards.

What else might be doable with such a unique deck of cards? Any other thoughts or suggestions?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Aside from a color-changing deck routine, you probably won't use the whole deck much. They offer a supply or R/B double-backers for use in packet tricks or other single card tricks in a regular deck. Dan Harlan's A Little R&B is very good.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I meant "They offer a supply OF R/B double-backers..."
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I imagine that this isn't intended to be used as a deck on its own, but just as a supply of red-blue double-backed cards for use in other effects.

It's cheaper to buy a whole deck of them than to buy a couple of individual cards.

Check some of the reviews and comments here:
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Makers-Bicyc......02BJO8NS
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1151
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Hi, Karnak.

For one of those tricks in the Encyclopedia (Blue-Red Transposition, page 119 of the red paperback), I have often done this effect immediately after doing You Do As I Do, p@*&ing it into play at the end of YDAID as they are turning over their reveal.

Just an idea....

Other resources -- Nick Trost has an entire chapter to DB effects in The Card Magic of Nick Trost. And Magic Makers has a Simon Lovell DVD associated with their "Blue Gaffed Deck" that has several strong effects. Simon's "Pass Me the Mayo" uses a monocolor DB; and then I think Simon and Dan Harlan's "Blues Sisters" uses the Red/Blue DB (at least that's how I remember it). There is a quick packet trick with Jacks (name?) that also uses the red/blue that I have used quite a bit.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Thanks for the tips!
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2016, JoeHohman wrote:
And Magic Makers has a Simon Lovell DVD associated with their "Blue Gaffed Deck" that has several strong effects. Simon's "Pass Me the Mayo" uses a monocolor DB; and then I think Simon and Dan Harlan's "Blues Sisters" uses the Red/Blue DB (at least that's how I remember it). There is a quick packet trick with Jacks (name?) that also uses the red/blue that I have used quite a bit.

The product being referred to here is called Packet Killer. It comes with a gaffed deck (for numerous classic packet tricks) plus the instructional DVD featuring Simon Lovell.

It's excellent all round, and I can highly recommend it!
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Right on, Topov, that is exactly the one to which I was referring.
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
You could use them for a pseudo demonstration of how a card cheat switches in a cold deck. Show a blue back deck in you pocket....hold a red deck in your hands and as you manipulate the red deck, it changes. You then show a red deck in your pocket.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tricks/effects with a red & blue DB deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL