The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Publicity tips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Thought it would be a good idea to discuss how other magicians gain publicity?

Recently, my local newspaper did a feature on me and my magic. I was the first in a series of monthly features called "young achievers."

This is the only mention I have had in any type of media. What are everybody else's opinions on radio, press and TV work? How do you start out? Who do you talk to first?
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
I've gotten all types.

From radio- television- newspaper feature stories and articles. From doing shows for the community- there always seems to be a reporter present. I always seem to 'magically' perform for the reporter/photographer:)

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
First you must decide what kind of publiicity you want and to what end you desire it! Once you are armed with that bit of soul-searching, pick up a copy of "guerilla Publicity" at your local bookstore and you will have more tactics and ideas than you could ever use in one lifetime. Good luck!
-Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
The best way to get publicity it to get out there and perform! Local schools often have open days; if you get them to book you for one, you can let the local press know!

James.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Publicity tips (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL