The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller LIVE: Sunday Sep 11th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Dan aksed Justin miller what he thought of critics like me and justin said he doesn't care,i am fuming how he thinks he can just ignorepeople what gave him money and never got there stuff,at least now we know what he thinks about us Smile

It is too bad that he didn't take the opportunity to even try to right some of the wrongs. It's one thing when people are critical of what someone is doing. It is a WAY different thing when someone is ripping people off.

I'm glad we've had a couple people watch this and let people know there wasn't much to see in this lecture anyway.

So, not only can people vote their conscious, they can save their money for something better.

AVOID THIS LECTURE.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I bought it for the comedy value.
I've asked to be banned
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW: For any English teachers out there: conscious = conscience.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2016, BCE wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, rjs wrote:
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've never had any problems with JM's downloads.

What was the Penguin lecture like?

Can we have a proper review?

Some specific reaction to what I have been watching:

F.A.T.E -- absolutely, utterly confusing, and the score-keeper volunteer is absolutely unnecessary

A Peek In time -- absolutely, utterly confusing. I could not tell if the trick was the "gimmick" or if it was something else. Apparently, a lot of people in the audience didn't understand it, either.

ENVY -- a huge turn off and astoundingly unprofessional. His explanation includes deliberately slapping the envelopes out of the spectators hands. Depending upon the spectator (particularly if the spectator's a woman), that's personal assault, plain and simple. And if the spectator's a woman, you will look like a perv because the envelopes slapped to the floor will give you an excuse to look at her legs. Not funny. Not engaging. It's personal assault.

Many people in the audience had questions, and Justin poo-pooh'd the questions like, "Oh, you're thinking like a magician," and the like. He was totally dismissive of a kid in the audience. I'm in disbelief he performs this way professionally except for people in bars who are so hammered they don't know any better.

No workers here. But plenty of reminders of how NOT to act and how NOT to treat the spectators.

Sounds like it's so bad it's good?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Worst lecture from Penguin, sad and dissapointed. The first effect is my own "Anywhere Coins", which was published as single eBook last year and in my lecture notes, but not mention as expected.
UTOPIA is sold as a new way to force objects, which is not. Its a very old concept, just with an added subtle moment, which is fine but the ad copy suggest something completely different.

I wonder why he tries to sell too hard the idea that he is a "Mentalist", which clearly is not. You just cant call yourself a "Mentalist" in a year of so. Maybe for commercial aspects as real world performer, but not for the community and to teach material.
Poor audience managment, rude comments. No value in this lecture at all. Nothing personal regarding Justin, just his poor attitud and fake appareance.

Come on Penguin, there is a LOT better creators and performers in Mentalism such as Michael Murray, Fraser Parker (just to name a few) not to mention the ethical factor regarding all the bad business practices.

I will ask for refund, he doesn't deserve my money.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I am so happy being a book guy... Even to produce a video you have to work hard convincing me. Some people know by experience... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Penguin are really scraping the barrel with this lecture. Unless, of course, you're buying this for the same reason as IAIN.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2016, JanForster wrote:
I am so happy being a book guy... Even to produce a video you have to work hard convincing me. Some people know by experience... Smile Jan

Penguin gave me a "credit refund" and I got your lecture instead Jan.
NOW I will enjoy good quality Mentalism
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
"Wow, this guy is really good! Not only did you continue to fry me with your clever methods, but the way you engage your audience is so natural..I am a Justin Miller fan!" - Barrie Richardson

"I purchase almost everything Justin puts out. His thinking is offbeat, his ideas are amazing, and it is all practical. I love practical. So I love Justin. He is headed toward the top of mental thinkers. His lecture will be a revelation"- Marc Salem

"Justin Miller knows how to choreograph effects to create the strongest mystery and elicit the biggest reactions, better than any other performer I have ever seen"- Bill Abbott

"Justin is easily one of today's most prolific thinkers and innovators" - Bobby Motta
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote don't make things better...
I've asked to be banned
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Quote don't make things better...

Happily nobody asked me for a quote... Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2016, Amirá wrote:
Penguin gave me a "credit refund" and I got your lecture instead Jan.
NOW I will enjoy good quality Mentalism

Why didn't you buy it in the first place? Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I was thinking the same thing Jan????
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I did know it was going to be somewhat 'unusual', but then I saw the marc Salem quote and it made me curious...

I think miller has made some interesting magic, he's obviously creative when it comes down to making magic...

But mentalism, it just doesn't work...

Even the "your mind is my playground" is the name of Vincent hadan's mentalism book from two years back...
I've asked to be banned
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I was thinking the same thing Jan????

:)
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
This is my favorite thread.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
597 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
It will be interesting if Penguin allows reviews for this to be shown on their product page.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
If you still need convincing , Justin has made an extremely rude post on his Facebook page calling Pablo all sorts of rude things. And you can see what his attitude is all about in his responses to his friends who try to make helpful comments, he turns on them. Hardly surprising, can upload screenshots later
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I could never buy another thing from Justin.

I can't help but feel like I'm looking at the Devil when I see Justin's face.

Fun Fact! Justin used to be a preacher. Let that one sink in for a moment.

It's really sad that he is not only terrible to his customers, he is down right rude to everyone he interacts with on the web, and apparently he treats his spectators the same way... Not okay.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Last week was Jan's lecture, and let's face it, nothing could follow it. They should have had a magic lecture, not mentalism.

That being said, Justin performed some good bar and intimate mentalism and mental magic. I do wish they had shown more of the standup show recording, so we could get a feel for how he actually performs.

I know that I got several ideas from the lecture that I want to work on, so for me it was well worthwhile.

There has been some controversy over what appears to be an independent reinvention of a routine, and the communication between the two parties started off in the wrong place, hopefully they can get together and work it out, but I doubt it.

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller LIVE: Sunday Sep 11th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL