The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » .. fastest knot in the world'' (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Yesterday was cloudy/cool, but suddenly out came the sun! father & daughter threw our props in the car and headed for our "spot" by the beach.
By the time we arrived the sun had vanished it was a dark & stormy day again. As we were already there we thought we'd at least try.
One of the routines we recently added that gets great response is kind of a silly thing off of Daryl's Vol. 4 "Expert rope magic" called "the fastest knot in the world" (by Marconic)
I just changed the ending a from how Daryl does it on the download I have.
Video quality not good but you get an idea of the possibilities.
Just thought I'd pass this on, packs small, gets good laffs and response. easy, and you can make a few of these up ahead from bits of rope we all have laying around.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub39hjBIV9w
Don't know why it doesn't come up?? but search it under "...the fastest knot in the world / White Rock"

Nala
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub39hjBlV9w
got me to it. Needs the http:// in the front of the URL you gave, it seems.

Changed weather is a problem for busking. It takes me about an hour to get to my pitch which has a range of hills before it. The weather can be quite different over at my pitch. The night before going busking, and in the morning before I decide to set out or not I check on the internet for the weather forecast to get a better idea of things. The ultimate could be studying a traffic monitoring camera picture or similar. Even then, the weather can change in an hour. Annoying, but I have to live with the situation. Summer and autumn weather are more stable in my part of the land.

You mention, "You can make a few of the[m] up ahead..." I don't know your routine.

But it did occur to me that wearing a jacket, you could set up a rope with a knot at about 1/3rd away along it.
Tuck the knot end up your sleeve, followed by pushing the rest of the rope up your sleeve, but not so far.
Then do some move that brings out most of the rope stretched between your arms/hands but leaves the knot hidden up your sleeve.
Stretch your arms apart up in front of you.
Do the patter...
Then do the move of briefly dropping your arms down then up to hide the movement while sliding the knot out of your sleeve and sliding it through your semi-opened fist to appear between your spread-apart arms.
That's just off the top of my head and I've no idea how effective it would be.
I take it that the routine is more comedy than actual trick.
The presentation makes the magic.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Love your videos. Thank you for sharing
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Magicol;

We live very near the ocean on the coast, it doesn't matter what the forecast is, what you see is what you get! And changes just as quickly. That day we headed to our pitch in the sun, but we got what you see. Just thought we'd try.

oooh! your rope explanation is too complicated. Get Daryl's instant Download, I think I paid $14.00 US. lots of goodies on it including his rope routine. The fastest knot in the world
is simple, and has 3 good elements: 1/ surprise, (the sudden appearance of the knot) 2/comedy,(several jokes albeit silly ones I use) 3/ a magical ending. ( the removal of the ends,
and adding back on) I love the reactions on the street, also a great strolling or restaurant table side routine. that's why I have a little bag full ready to perform again and again.
just thought I'd share
Nala
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse

thank you!
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Thanks, Nala, for the elaboration.
The presentation makes the magic.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Nala,
enjoyed your video.
[i have to admitt,
i MISS the train(!),...
kinda found myself hoping for
a Steamliner to come by!]

"The weather....",
that's one of the 'little things'
that make the Streets,..
'a little bit different'. 🙃

It's nice seeing you work a smaller audience,
close-up.
I like watching you,..
'go out' to them.
Especialy, since,
THEY couldn't move back(!).

Have a good one Nala,...
next film's gotta be Ling Ling,... ☺️
gallagher
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Hello Gallagher,

... we already use your line "we are now going to make a 100 + freight train appear! ... top that Copperfield!!" why didn't I think of that? we've been at that spot 5 years.
This may be the last, unless I can do it sitting down.

Ling' says Hi! ... next video will be her!
Nala
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Sitting down might not be all bad - although you might need to do smaller groups, but do more of them. Have your lovely partner do color changing disks or cut and restored rope and then bring them up close for a special feature with you. White Rock wouldn't be the same without the two of you there.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Darrell you say the nicest things!
By the way hows your ring and rope routine?
Nala
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » .. fastest knot in the world'' (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL