The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Han Solo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Han Solo
I would like to know of any good DVDs to start out with coin magic. I really don't want to get Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic because of all the cursing. Thank for the help.
Kill da wabbit! Kill da wabbit!-Elmer Fudd
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
David Roth's Expert Coin Magic....that is an excellent series.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Some folks swear by David Stone's, Basic Coin Magic.
Dan McLean Jr
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I believe that David Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy DVDs volumes 1-3 are probably THE BEST way to go to see what the moves should look like in the beginning. Then buy his book Expert Coin Magic. Also, if you don't have J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic pick that up as well.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The two folks with last name starting with "R" seem a great place to start.

Ammar also comes across as a good teacher.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I'd definitely agree with twistedace on this one. The DVDs will give one a basic knowledge of all of the basic sleights, palms and what not. Roth's Expert Coin Magic will definitely back up the series of DVDs. As for Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, I honestly think that no coin worker should be without it.

-Bill Citino
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Read this link. And pick what appeals to you. Roth and and Ammar is available on DVD, Stone is not.
Click to visit:
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Quote:
On 2004-03-21 19:41, Bill Citino wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-03-21 19:26, twistedace wrote:I believe that David Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy DVDs volumes 1-3 are probably THE BEST way to go to see what the moves should look like in the beginning. Then buy his book Expert Coin Magic. Also, if you don't have J.B. Bobo's Modern Coin Magic pick that up as well.
I'd definitely agree with twistedace on this one. The DVDs will give one a basic knowledge of all of the basic sleights, palms and what not. Roth's Expert Coin Magic will definitely back up the series of DVDs. As for Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, I honestly think that no coin worker should be without it.
-Bill Citino
I second that emotion...

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
jli
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX
86 Posts

Profile of jli
Great reviews, Dan! Personally, I started out with Bobo's book, and learned as much as I can from it. Then I purchased Roth's ECMME vol 1~3 a couple of years later on VHS. Boy did I have some relearning to do, as I developed bad habits due to a lack of real-life visuals throughout my self-study. Like a golf swing, it's much harder to fix self-developed bad habits than to take lessons and learn perfect form from the start.

If I were to do it again with today's resources, I'd still stick w/ Bobo's book and at the same time, Roth's video volume 1 on DVD, and then progress along the other volumes. A beginner can start out with the only the first volume and Bobo's Modern Coin Magic and have a lot of material to work with.

Ammar's Intro video is also an excellent teaching tool, and has the most bang for your buck for a DVD (see the CoinVanish Reviews for a well-informed breakdown).
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
I started with Modern Coin Magic as well
I would say get the Roth DVDs. They are like bibles to Coin men. He is one of the top and always will be.
Han Solo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Han Solo
Thanks guys. I have bought the Ammar coin DVD and it's great. Thanks again.
Jonathan Thompson
Kill da wabbit! Kill da wabbit!-Elmer Fudd
Ctgalex
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Ctgalex
I second David Stone vidoes !
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
David Stone's Video are one of the best I've ever seen in my life. Although I support Roth's DVD more, I do think that you must GET Stone's video. Rubinstein's DVD may serve as your reference, too.

Hirase
In love with magic!
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Just go with the complete introduction to doing magic, by Michael Ammar, it's the best for a beginner.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Vincz
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Vincz
Easy to Master Money Miracles 1-3 by Michael Ammar, this will be a great one, or Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights 1-3 by Michael Rubinstein
Hardi
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
96 Posts

Profile of Hardi
John Carney's "Carney on Ramsay - Lesson in Misdirection" and the two DVDs "The Video of Secrets Volume One and Two" are really good.

For more information check out "www.coinvanish.com".
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Profile of Stephane Jardonnet
Great and interesting review Dan.
FYI, David Stone's videos are now available on DVD. The volume 1 was released almost a month ago, and the volume 2 is scheduled for a release this week. It took me some extra time to release them, as there's a lot of bonus that I had to edit, and most likely, a bonus interview of 40 minutes that includes new material that wasn't on the videos.
I'll send you a copy of them, so you will be able to update your informations. ( Just send me your address via private message )
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Thanks Stephane, I will re-feature my review of the videos, and update them to review the bonus features.
Click to visit:
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I think Michael Ammar has some good coin magic. something like "money miracles" . pretty sweet stuff
ceeswing
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of ceeswing
David Roth's Expert Coin Magic excellent
Regards
Cornelius
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL