The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic copper silver (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
Hi I really want to get a decent magnetic copper silver. I understand because they are non locking they must be a bit loose. I have a Johnson that you can easily spin. And a Tango that has a lot of play in it and even wobbles. Any recommendations on the best one out there? I know it won't be cheap but I figure I will have it forever, though at age 64 forever is not as long as it used to be! lol
Also I have never had a flipper. I figure on getting one to practice with, but also a really good one for my collection. Thanks a bunch!
Michael

PS I have heard Johnson has maybe gone a bit downhill. Anyone had recent experiences with tham. I hope it isn't true.
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The only problem I have seen recently is that they are using fake Mexican 20 centavo coins with their gaffs lately. Than again most are probably doing this since those centavos are becoming more and more rare.

Jim
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
Thanks much for the reply Jim!
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I was wondering the best places to buy magic coins [?]
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Try Todd Lassen, he can make you custom coins.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I haven't tried to get a set that doesn't spin, but for casual inspection, it would seem to go unnoticed. Yet, if you really want it to be closely examinable why not just get a locking set? (there have been some that found quick ways to reset them (I couldn't get it to work))

The other issue is the positioning of the insert - neither type will guarantee the correct rotational alignment.
:
So many of the workers will just not let the spectator play with their "toys".

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic copper silver (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL