The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SPIT by Scott Creasey (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
I haven't seen anything on this one..

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21708

For the first time in this 15 min video (yep 15 min it's that easy) Scott reveals the business card peek he has been using in his close up mentalism performances for many years.

No manufacturing or craft skills required, no peek wallets, no business card cases, no envelopes, no special pens or any other paraphernalia, just your business cards and a pen.

One totally impromptu method, one requiring a one off 30 second set up and three variations to suit all styles.

Drop half a dozen of your own business cards in your pocket along with a pen and you are all set to perform drawing duplications, reveal words, names, PIN numbers, perform remote viewing or impress with your x-ray vision.

"I actually laughed out loud when I got to the good part in the video. Fantastic technique and that impromptu version cleans up very nicely... So... What's next?"
- David Dodds

"Great thinking! As usual. Another useful thing to know so can have in your arsenal when you need it and, of course, you can easily do a 3 phase routine like a Mental Epic with no force and knowing each thought before you even start, I can also see this being good for a close up Magic Square."
- Greg Arce

"S.P.I.T is another brilliant release by Scott Creasey. What you learn is how to do a full business card peek, with either zero preparation for version 1, or 10 seconds of preparation for version 2. A perfect utility tool that can be applied to so many different effects. No wallets, no business card cases, no envelopes, and no sleights! As with everything I've bought from Scott, S.P.I.T is well worth the money."
- Stunninger

"I find myself looking forward to Scott Creasey's releases EVERY TIME! I just wanted to add that I have never been let down by anything I've bought from Creasey, and I think in this day and age, that REALLY says something."
- Race Blakhart
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
There's something down below on it.

This is another excellent release from Scott. As I'm sure we've all seen, there's a strong trend towards propless mentalism theses days - the work that those folks have put out is very strong, no question. I dare say that Scott Creasey's releases are AS STRONG because the use of props is natural and completely motivated, and the props themselves are deceptively normal - the big plusses are that there are no long procedures and the hit rates are 100%. In this release specifically, the way the business cards come in and are handled, there is NOTHING to work out. It could not get much simpler. The variations of S.P.I.T. are easy to master and are surefire. I have a collection of quite a few business card peeks at my disposal and this is easily my favorite non-folding peek.

There's no reason not to get this.

~~Dave
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Thanks for that note. I ordered it up and agree it is very elegant and I will absolutely incorporate this.

I'll also say that the "30 second set-up" is even an overstatement. Probably 5 seconds the way I did it. I do have a method for that set-up that I like better than the one provided (Dave, I'll shoot you a PM).

Worth every penny and more, very elegant.
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Interesting
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
132 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
I always loved Scott's materials...This is another practical application......
Thank You Smile
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
He give 3 methods in the video.

Very Deceptive and Very Easy

"No sleight of hand" or "Move" at all.

This method is natural.

You can do it with a few business cards/index cards or the whole stack.

I like it.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Funny how they quote me from a review I did for a completely different effect.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
S.P.I.T is an excellent full billet peek using business cards. No wallet, no envelope, no need to go to your pockets. Everything happens out in the open, right in front of your spectator.

The handling for a full card peek Scott teaches is one of the best I've seen, as all of the moves are natural, motivated and there is no heat when you get the peek.

With S.P.I.T there is no need to fold or tear your business cards, which is a great added benefit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SPIT by Scott Creasey (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL