The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Http://sensor-magic.com/ProductDetails.a......c77e1c41

Quick review for this new effect! This is a great TnR that is visual, easy and lightning fast. A corner is torn off a signed card, the spectator holds the card, you hold the corner - and it visually jumps and restores instantly. The card is completely clean and is left in the spectators hand to keep forever. It looks insane!

The gimmick is easily made in 3-4 minutes and there is nothing complicated about it. It will also last a very long time due to the way it is put together, there isn't much strain on the gimmick. It also creates this visual jump of the corner to the card which will fool so badly!

Routining is clever as well, it's obviously been made to be as simple as possible with little moves, to keep the effect straightforward and effortless. This is a worker, as it only uses one card which is given away at the end, and with control, can be performed 360.

Teaching is great too, slow motion, multiple angles, recaps and a few live performances. One live performance blatantly shows the moves being done in a live envioronment, which is great because you get a feel for when/how to do the moves.

Overall, this is simplicity and deception converged. I love it, and you will to. Available now in the link above.

James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I didn't like it very much. It looked like he just flicked the corner up from underneath.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Agreed. You never get such a surgical tear on a playing card.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I don't have this, but I actually like the way it looks. Very visual. I don't think layman is going to notice the "move," especially at the right angle. Nice work, Nicholas~
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I thought it said Flesh Light.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
What would these guys do without elastic t****d?
Official Thread Killer
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
I really dig this. While its not the most mind blowing method, I think the visual is fun. As a magician it's obvious what is going on, but to a layperson I could see this killing with the right presentation. I'm giving this a go next week in my restaurant set
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
toointoit
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of toointoit
Meh....not a fan..good luck with it
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Actually as per the rules of the Café you are allowed to "speculate" but not directly say "Hey I own it and this is how it's done".

As for full performances, that might be boring to you, but other companies have increased their sales with showing tricks in full because the guys with money are sick of flashy trailers with no substance. Of course if your business model is not to make money that's not my concern. (Tho' I would suggest you try it once and see if it changes your numbers.)
Official Thread Killer
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
I really dig this. While its not the most mind blowing method, I think the visual is fun. As a magician it's obvious what is going on, but to a layperson I could see this killing with the right presentation. I'm giving this a go next week in my restaurant set

Happy to hear it Josh!! Your gonna have a blast using this. Any questions feel free to ask like always! Talk soon.
RianLehman
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of RianLehman
Gimmicks aren't for everyone, BUT everyone should give this a look. It is super devious and fools crowds. I
t looks like real magic in front of your eyes!
This is a real worker for anyone looking to add a quick and reliable TnR to their set.
And for a limited time you can get it at a discounted price!! What a deal.
Cody Nottingham
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Cody Nottingham
I've watched it. I think in the real world, this is a good tnr. I have some tnr's that I use, but I find that there are too many 4 piece tears and 4 piece restores. This is quick, to the point, and a great way to get into some other effects. It may not fool magicians, but if you make a living from magic, magicians don't pay your bills....laymen do. Spend the money to learn the correct method. The gimmick will serve you well for a while.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Appreciate the feedback Cody, all good points..Glad your enjoying this. Something for everybody, ive had great success with this and pleased to hear other leading professionals have as well. Just hope that others interested support us and purchase Flash Flight & learn the actual method and subtleties involved. Rather than taking off with their own ideas.. Either way that's fine though, I'm just happy to share what I concider my most practical & straight forward tnr to date Smile
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
I got this today I realy like the visuals of the gimmick it was nice seeing this performed on real people the reaction were good.

I haven't had time to make a gimmick up yet but it looks fairly simple you will probably have them around the house.

This is a worker but also good for soacel media I think it ticks a lot of boxes in terms of use.

There not realy any negatives everything was to taught to a great level I enjoyed it.

I' love what Patrick Kim did with it I could see it part of a bigger routine for me in the future

All in all I'm pleased with the purchase

Highly recommend

Kieron johnson
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mmm don't like the look of the tear,perfect straight cut,nah a torn corner does not look like that, not for me, but hey it does look sweet Smile
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:
Mmm don't like the look of the tear,perfect straight cut,nah a torn corner does not look like that, not for me, but hey it does look sweet Smile

You can tear the card anyway you choose, in My routine I slowly bend the card back & fourth till its weak, which builds the perfect anticapation. In the spectaors mind the card can be torn easily after folding it numerous times and believe me, at that point they just want to see whats next. Everything is covered in the tutorial to ensure you have a worker. I understand & appereciate your views, not for everybody I guess but for the price.. We clearly want to give others options at a fair price so even if its not for you, it just might inspire you & for me that's priceless.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I just watched this and it's great as to be expected from Nicholas!

The teaching is very clear and concise. Nicholas always has a way to make the gimmick making process easy. I really like that this one is as simple as it is to construct.

As for the effect itself, the rip is very convincing. (if you've ever folded a corner back and forth and then torn it... It looks exactly like what is seen in the effect) The retention of vision when the corner flies back over is really spectacular. Your eyes really do follow it all the back to the card.

Also, Nicholas has a very clever method for making the rip sound of the card which I've never seen before. I think this technique could be used for a few other effects that involves ripping. Don't pass by this awesome idea!

I am in a new place and don't have access to all the supplies I used to, but whenever I can get my hands on the materials, I definitely want to make this up. Once I make it up, I'll try to film it!

Great job again Nicholas! Keep them coming!
Roddy McGhie
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
54 Posts

Profile of Roddy McGhie
I watched the explanation video for Flash Flight this afternoon then immediately gathered the materials to make the very clever but easy to construct gimmick. Five minutes later I was in front of the mirror adopting my best magical pose and smiling to myself as I watched that torn corner just pop back on. Admittedly it took me a while to get the timing down but when you nail it it just looks fantastic.
I had an idea of what the gimmick might be from watching the demo but what really impressed me was the handling. So often these type of effects fall short in this area but it's clear that Lawrence has taken the time to create something that looks natural without the need for "funny" moves. I'm not a huge fan of the TnR plot but I'd definitely recommend this. At $10 this is an absolute bargain!
Well done Lawrence Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Nice effect, very easy to make gimmick. Good instructions and good price. Hard to complain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL