The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
THis is pretty awesome. Some real neat moments and its something you can pretty much do whenever with a deck of cards. Might try it out at my next walk around gig. Very simple workable method. Another winner!
www.christopherwiehl.com
www.syracusemagic.com
Syracuse Magician Christopher Wiehl.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
I didn't like it very much. It looked like he just flicked the corner up from underneath.

I think I spoke too soon and take back my earlier comment.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
I just watched this and it's great as to be expected from Nicholas!

The teaching is very clear and concise. Nicholas always has a way to make the gimmick making process easy. I really like that this one is as simple as it is to construct.

As for the effect itself, the rip is very convincing. (if you've ever folded a corner back and forth and then torn it... It looks exactly like what is seen in the effect) The retention of vision when the corner flies back over is really spectacular. Your eyes really do follow it all the back to the card.

Also, Nicholas has a very clever method for making the rip sound of the card which I've never seen before. I think this technique could be used for a few other effects that involves ripping. Don't pass by this awesome idea!

I am in a new place and don't have access to all the supplies I used to, but whenever I can get my hands on the materials, I definitely want to make this up. Once I make it up, I'll try to film it!

Great job again Nicholas! Keep them coming!

So many great things said about Flash Flight!
Appreciate you sharing your good experience with this so far!! you'll love performing this over and over...and over Smile
morpheis91
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
155 Posts

Profile of morpheis91
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Agreed. You never get such a surgical tear on a playing card.

I must say this looks great! Good job on creating this. I will definitely be getting this.

To the comment saying you never get a perfect tear: you are wrong. Have you ever creased a card? If so you would know you can easily get a perfect tear.

I do a similar effect without the illusion of it floating back. Honestly this brings that to the next level and is definitely surprising. I could see this getting great reactions.
Wilberto Casillas
https://phillymagic.com/products/chapslick
Use code at checkout to save: 'cafeslick'
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Thankyou Morpheis, appreciate the good feedback and glad you see the good in this already. Hope you do get this! you'll love it, I Guarentee it Smile
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
The thing that is great about this is that you can apply the concept to other things. Patrick Kun put a killer version on his Facebook page. Nicholas outdid himself here! Even though it may look simple, all the little details make this awesome!
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Want a closer look? Full Studio Performance.

https://youtu.be/CIiJcG8CmcQ
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2611 Posts

Profile of tophatter
That was SWEET ! Very Nice MAGICAL .... that demo should keep Stucky quiet for a while lol !
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Lots of tricks have cards torn with nice straight edges, don't see a problem with that.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
I didn't like it very much. It looked like he just flicked the corner up from underneath.

I think I spoke too soon and take back my earlier comment.

Phew! What a relief.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Man I love this, purely because of the simplicity behind it, and its super visual, took this out to a gig a few days ago and it got great reactions, the teaching is well done on the explanation, Nicholas goes into great detail about the handling etc.

All in All a great little effect, simple and powerfully visual.

Great stuff Nicholas and the Sensor Magic team.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Recommended.

All the best

R
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
I just watched the download and really like this! I echo all the other positive reviews here. This is very easy to construct and perform. Simplicity at it's best!

RNK
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
I loved it and here is why -

creativity - 8/10
practical - 10/10
visual - 9/10
Difficulty level - easy
Gimmick making - Easy can be done in 1-2 mins.

Also I will be testing this soon once I reach back to my place. will post a video review later :0

Cheers !
VANISS//CAPSOUL//WALLETRIX//NP-TECHNIQUE//More Coming Soon..//
Thecloseupmagic
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Thecloseupmagic
I almost never post but came out of hiding to give props to Nicholas Lawrence for creating a beautiful, practical, worker. The method is 10 times simpler and better than I expected. Kudos. This is really great.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6906 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Really nice. Does what it says on the tin and the handling is well thought out. If you like what you see in the trailer, you can't go wrong. Fast, visual effect with a big wow factor!
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Very good effect and easy to make gimmick.
Making the tear sound realistic is a very genius idea from Nicholas.
For 5 bucks you get this effect + free effect (Pin Clip).
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Appreciate all this amazing feedback! Wouldnt expect it here really but with all these familiar names atleast I can trust their actually professionals honest opinions, which helps with other professionals looking for a new Visual gem that workable at their show!! Smile any questions feel free to ask.
AriTheMan
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
68 Posts

Profile of AriTheMan
Super visual. Easy to perform. Simple to make. Great instructions. Practical. What more could you ask for a TNR? Gets a thumbs up from me!!!

- Ari
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
This does look nice and very similar to shin Lim and his trick called Flight.

i don't know who came out first but they are clearly the same trick
my comment really here is that flash flight does seem to be a bit cleaner and more visual than "flight"

flash flight is just that a flash of flight and boom the magic is done. its much more of a visual what the heck moment than the other version.

tempted to get this just to have a quick and simple impromptu effect;

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2337 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Not even close to shin, flight. Way better
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL