The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2480 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Did not say it was better I said it was similar I also stated that I liked the flash flight better as it was more visual.

but it is pretty much the same trick
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Maxy
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, Sam Sandler wrote:
This does look nice and very similar to shin Lim and his trick called Flight.

i don't know who came out first but they are clearly the same trick
my comment really here is that flash flight does seem to be a bit cleaner and more visual than "flight"

flash flight is just that a flash of flight and boom the magic is done. its much more of a visual what the heck moment than the other version.

tempted to get this just to have a quick and simple impromptu effect;

sam

This came out first.
It is very different than Regeneration and Shin Lim's Flight.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2016, Sam Sandler wrote:
Did not say it was better I said it was similar I also stated that I liked the flash flight better as it was more visual.

but it is pretty much the same trick

Not even close to the same trick. shin Lim effect the corner just hangs there. Witch to me any layman would figure it out in a min. This is a torn corner that jumps from your hand back to the card. Yes similar if you want to say a torn corner effect.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1412 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
How awkward is the "Git riddy" I am not really seeing that live start to finish and can I use the deck prior or after without issue?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2016, Powermagic wrote:
How awkward is the "Git riddy" I am not really seeing that live start to finish and can I use the deck prior or after without issue?

The get ready is completely hidden. And very easy and quick.

I would say you could easily use the deck afterward if you remove the gimmick as "remove the jokers"
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
334 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:
Thanks for the professional advice Stucky! Much appreciated. As for me or your revealing anything.. Let me start here, what is thr sense in your comment? Why constantly hate.. This is a great trick & I stand by it 1oo% who cares what the method is?! If you like it.. Check it out,its a $4.95 download and mark my words well see something similar soon that will be praised!! Its all about who you know and how much BS you can take.. As for a full performce in the trailer, that's a rare & boring trialer in my opinion but that's my companies business isn't it? I know this is a forum site for open opinions but where is the line? Magnets, elastic thread...ect if you havent bought the trick then saging all thatis ok, means this place is a site to reveal magic.. Simple as that, ****** Appear for a reason, because your not supposed to even mention the methods here directley of anywhere for that matter, its just plain disrespectful. I understand though the entire world wasnt raised the same, or value the art of magic the same Smile Im gonna go relax now...gooosfraba!!

Wow. Just seeing this. Is there still an $4.95 download option some place?

Dan
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
New user
Nelson
77 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Am I the only one here think this is obvious? I showed the trailer to my girlfriend and her friend, they nailed it on first guess. I think it does look good though. Just not for me. I'll have to pass on this.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Got this & love it.

Easy to make & easy to do & super visual.

Looks like what magic should look like_ MAGICAL.

Well done Nicholas.

Mike Donoghue
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2016, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:
Am I the only one here think this is obvious? I showed the trailer to my girlfriend and her friend, they nailed it on first guess. I think it does look good though. Just not for me. I'll have to pass on this.

Maybe you should not do it right out of the box.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1412 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I agre with infographic that depending on the attention and angle it sort of telegraphs. That semi full performance posted at a an angle so odd that only if you are on stilts would a audience view (top down shot would have been more realistic.), it really did not look good from that angle so thus I cant say the claim of 360 is genuine as it should look good from all angles.
It is probably better live when there is more distraction. Magic on video is tough.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4663 Posts

Profile of RNK
It is better live. I have had no problem performing this surrounded. No one yet has ever noticed anything.

Oh and Pegasus, I am not getting any royalties from Nick. 😀

RNK
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
No angle issues.... And havenet heard one conplaint from any of the customers who purchased this. Guess you would have to buy it to understand why its so practical and concidered 360... don't like it, that's fine Smile
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1412 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
You cant say that Nicholas. The image you created in your semi full performance would not work surrounded. From the camera angle you hand the card to the spectator but if someone was on your side or behind they would see something
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 29, 2016, Powermagic wrote:
You cant say that Nicholas. The image you created in your semi full performance would not work surrounded. From the camera angle you hand the card to the spectator but if someone was on your side or behind they would see something

If performed correctly there is No issues... Others & Myself have performed this completley surrounded & nothing was seen... Remember, waste level...horizontal...Cmon?! Even if you havent bought the trick you should be able to work half the method guys.. Id Name drop a creator and a famous trick known world wide that uses the same principle and claims 360 but that would reveal their work... I guess their just wrong & "cant say that" too.. Smile I love the Café!! I really do... Im learning to laugh at this stuff.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3529 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I've been reading this thread and while there are many with positive comments, it's too bad some people are professional trolls.

Nicholas, you are very creative and the magic community has really benefited a lot from your work. I hope you don't let a few professional idiots who offer so little to the community to let you down. I have a thought that I will PM to you.

KJ
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Just watching the video now. Well thought out and easy enough to "build". OK, it's not a classic of magic but it wasn’t meant to be. It IS a great little quick-hitter; the kind of sudden eye-catching effect I like to do between longer routines. Catches viewers by surprise and usually gets a great reaction. I like to have a number of these effects available when performing. This one looks like it'll fit in just fine!

Thanks Nicholas!

Jim
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Appreciate that guys, pleased to hear youre enjoying Flash Flight.. Though the "Professional Trolls" need something to say always, finding it hard to believe Troll is an actual job title, I'm becoming more aware & tolerable Smile
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1412 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2016, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:

If performed correctly there is No issues... Others & Myself have performed this complete surrounded & nothing was seen.

I don't think you are learning anything you did not already know Nicholas. Creators of the past never had the opportunity to know what consumers are thinking. While they will not be able to please everyone, a good manufacturer will not disregard a pattern of thought. They will also understand there are many video downloads out there that don't cut the mustard at any price.

In your studio performance, where you and the card to someone, that if you have a group of people at the sides, that no one would see something? When I see effects on video that always start with part of handling started, like deck already in hand, one has to wonder about practical nature in their particular situation. It may be as you say but how do I know? Funny, how people want others to let claims go unchallenged just "because it is $10". The amount of $10-35 downloads many of you and I have invested in that do no pan out adds up to quite a bit more than $10 and the standards of review should be the same or similar.

Maybe I am wrong, Maybe there is more to what I am seeing then I think and you can have them hold the card in any situation. Maybe Nicholas will chime in if that version of handing out the card to hold while getting ready is the one on one version or the version he uses in all situations.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1412 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
What is preventing it from being a classic of magic?

[quote]On Sep 30, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Just watching the video now. Well thought out and easy enough to "build". OK, it's not a classic of magic but it wasn’t meant to be. It IS a great little quick-hitter; the kind of sudden eye-catching effect I like to do between longer routines. Catches viewers by surprise and usually gets a great reaction.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4663 Posts

Profile of RNK
Powermagic, I am assuming you do not have this because if you did you wouldn't have to have your question answered about the get ready. IMO, this is well worth the $10.00 download. And you can do it surrounded even if you plan on handing out the card to spectator to hold before the restoration. If you are an experienced performer and can manage your audience you will have no problems. Hope that helps.

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Flight by Nicholas Lawrence and Sensor Magic (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 1.58 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL