The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Small packet dropper / clip / holdout advice please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
211 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
I'm after a soft clip that can hold 3 playing cards for timely access at hip pocket level - is such a thing commercially available?

Thanks
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Dan Tong use to sell a clip that could hold a variety of different sized objects. It was pinned on the inside of the jacket or vest. Try his site.
Rattooth
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Rattooth
Seems like Drawing Room Deceptions by Guy Hollingsworth talked about magnet in coat pocket and paper clip inside jacket to hold cards.??
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
211 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Rattooth wrote:
Seems like Drawing Room Deceptions by Guy Hollingsworth talked about magnet in coat pocket and paper clip inside jacket to hold cards.??

Guy Hollingworth uses paper clips to great effect, to hold together and to dump cards, but I don't think he describes them for this exact requirement.

Looks as though I will have to patent a couple of sheets of stiff cardboard a rubber band a couple of safety pins - I bet there is something "proper" out there somewhere!

Thanks for the responses so far
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1563 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
A Magnetic money clip pinned under the bottom of your shirt will do the trick.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I second Dan Tong's hold out. Good for just about anything that fits. I like it best for cards and coins.

It has justvt the right amount of pressure to hold but easy release.

Others have pinned in socks

Your cardboard and Rubber bands would work. Or maybe magnets to create the tension.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
585 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I agree regarding Dan Tong's device. Here is a link to his website where you can find his TDC Utility Holdout. http://magicbypauline.com/index.php?id_c......category

I highly recommend this prop.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5290 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, Motor City wrote:
I agree regarding Dan Tong's device. Here is a link to his website where you can find his TDC Utility Holdout. http://magicbypauline.com/index.php?id_c......category

I highly recommend this prop.

I agree, I not only use it to hold out a jumbo coin but I keep a stash of Quarters in it for a misers dream final load. As for holding out a packet of cards. I use a TKO 2.0 (or the original UCCU by Jeff Kaylor.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
211 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
OK thanks everybody, I'm ordering a few of Dan Tong's holdouts (hope he ships to the UK). I will also get my TKO 2.0 out of its packaging!

Very helpful replies

Chris
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
294 Posts

Profile of Kingman
I use one of these, Called a field clip. Can clip it to inside pocket or belt or just about anything else. Easily holds up to 20 cards.

Click here to view attached image.
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
374 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
There's the proper holdout. Not sure if it fits the bill as its stiff.

Hollingsworth makes great effect of a paper clip on thread pendulum style.
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
211 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2016, Kingman wrote:
I use one of these, Called a field clip. Can clip it to inside pocket or belt or just about anything else. Easily holds up to 20 cards.

This looks interesting, I would like to experiment with this ( it could work in casual clothing on the back hip pocket) - the term "field clip" doesn't mean anything to me - when I Google it I get lots of "Field clip art" entries - is it used in that setting?
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
211 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
Actually I think a money clip will fit the bill (no pun intended) for the hip pocket, they are not common in the UK, but there is a huge choice on Amazon. I have a batch of 5 Dan Tong holders on their way for jacket
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
554 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
I made my own one, that allows easy unload/ load, it works, but it's a prototype made on a Workmate in my kitchen... Maybe if one day I find somebody who can produce it with a decent finish :o}...
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
@Kingman The clip you mention is also known as a Banker's Clip.

Click Here
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of rowland
Axel Hecklau shows how to make one on his destiny download, very simple and works well
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Small packet dropper / clip / holdout advice please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL