The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Couvert Peek: Ungimmicked Mindreading Technique (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2017, Amirá wrote:
The author is really clever to utilize TDBT variation idea. That move justify everything.

Let's compare to the others on the market.

- Dark Arts, you end dirty but you can fly with easy switch. The downside is you have to prepare a gimmick and a little bit of reset. Spectator can not track down.
*Spectator can open their drawing themselves.

- Blank Reading, well this require "blank card" only. You can not use business card.
*Spectator drawing out of view longer.
*Spectator can't open their drawing themselves.

- Dan solve all of the problems above. Spectator can open their drawing themselves.
This feeling like Acidus Novus,TDBT using envelope. The good thing is the author prepare a video.

Couvert is worth more than Blank Reading because this product prepare a good video and better technique.

Sarin Suriyakoon

Thanks Sarin for your feedback!

Here we go again Pablito...

We are not even comparing Blank Reading with Couvert!

It's Duplica vs Couvert.

We all agree Duplica is much cleaner. Again you don't have a clue, you don't own Duplica.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Hi Jose,

I am a person who Pablo mention.

Sarin Suriyakoon is me.

It's my fault comparing "Blank Reading" with "Couvert Peek". Sorry about that.

I have nothing against you Jose.

And I don't know Pablo personally.

He never give me free copy. You never give me free copy.

I never buy Pablo's ebook before.

I have bought a lot of Jose ebook(blank reading,censored,duplica,duplo,evil twin,IQPA,The Scanner 2.0).

Now let's talk about Couvert Peek and Duplica.

Ok, I only used Couvert Peek.

I have both methods but

"Why I use Couvert Peek?"

- I don't have to **** envelope. In this case I used DIY envelope at that time from "Dark Art" presented by Matthew Johnson. I can't **** it with DIY envelope. And I don't like to **** envelope which is my personal reason.

- I don't need to **t index card to fit in envelope. Yes, I "need" to **t index card to fit in "Dark Art" envelope(and even with coin envelope 6.4x10.8cm that I bought later on still has a same problem).

- I can use business card.

- Duplica doesn't has a video explanation with it.

- Dan reply my email and discuss with me. Jose doesn't reply my email that I pointed the issues above(It's ok).

So I decided to use Couvert Peek.

Again above reasons are my humble opinions but I dedicated time to study and "test" couvert peek with real audiences.

I would like to see an opinion of someone who use and test both methods too.

Hope this helps Jose.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey Prager, I've PM'd and emailed you several time and you don't read or respond. Not a very good way to treat your customers.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I really like the Couvert Peek! Very clever thinking/handling. Ungimmicked index card. Ungimmicked envelope. The subject can hold the envelope up to the light with the folded card inside, examine it, put it in their pocket and keep it. There is nothing to find.

This one has many possibilities. Excellent utility device, not just for DDs.
Lukasz P
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Lukasz P
I just got it . Very simple and very sneaky . If you need a technique with quick peek and ungimmicked tools it is must have for you . Thanks for a quick answer Pablo !
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On May 15, 2017, Stunninger wrote:
I really like the Couvert Peek! Very clever thinking/handling. Ungimmicked index card. Ungimmicked envelope. The subject can hold the envelope up to the light with the folded card inside, examine it, put it in their pocket and keep it. There is nothing to find.

This one has many possibilities. Excellent utility device, not just for DDs.

Thanks Stunninger. Indeed is a fantastic technique from DD (Dan Dent Smile)

Quote:
On Aug 27, 2017, Lukasz P wrote:
I just got it . Very simple and very sneaky . If you need a technique with quick peek and ungimmicked tools it is must have for you . Thanks for a quick answer Pablo !

Welcome Lukasz P , I try to always offer the best service possible.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
Really pleased to announce that the original Couvert Peek has now been updated and expanded. Two new variations have been added to the original method; one of which will, I'm sure, become your favourite handling when performing the effect. Even better news, the new material is FREE to all purchasers of the original manuscript. Simply visit the password protected link in the original PDF to download the Addendum.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Wonderful, thank you, Dan!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
These new versions look even more deceptive than the original.

Excellent work Dan and excellent service too. Thank you.

Neil
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Thank you for the update. The Reverse Peek looks very natural.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This is a truly outstanding utility peek. Very deceptive. Very easy to execute. Plus, both the card and envelope are ungimmicked. You can give the spectator their drawing sealed in an opaque envelope to keep as a souvenir. Dan mentions in the manuscript this is what he does.

No need for a peek wallet! No need to tear up the card! And the supplies literally cost pennies per performance.

The Couvert Peek is really wonderful.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I'm confused... should one get this or Duplica first?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2018, Nicolino wrote:
I'm confused... should one get this or Duplica first?

Send me a PM with your e-mail.

I will send you a copy of Duplica for free.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Thanks, very kind!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I sent in my order n paid by PayPal about Four days ago but hv not received anything yet in my email. Should I be worried?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2018, maps wrote:
I sent in my order n paid by PayPal about Four days ago but hv not received anything yet in my email. Should I be worried?

Hello maps, if you did it at Mentalism Center, just contact me privately with your paypal email and I can check your order.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Dan Dent has been kind enough to solve the problem of the missing PDFs and more!
Fully appreciated! Thanks Dan n Pablo for being so quick to help!
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
You're very welcome. Glad I could help.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
I've been experimenting with different cards and papers to use with the Couvert Peek. Also with different handlings. If you happen to have a stack of Hull cards the Couvert Peek becomes an ideal way to get the information without doing the traditional Hull card move. So it becomes very useful for one-on-one readings using a Hull card without actually having to reverse the card.

You can also do a "test conditions" experiment with the Couvert Peek by folding the envelope in half (or thirds) then putting it into a second envelope, and having the spectator put it in their pocket. Certainly not necessary, and some may think it's over-proving, but it's a nice option to have.

What I like best about the Couvert Peek is it uses completely ungimmicked cards and envelopes which you can buy from many sources for cheap. No need to worry about losing an expensive wallet or other device. Each performance costs pennies and your spectator keeps the card and envelope. Very, very cool.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Couvert Peek: Ungimmicked Mindreading Technique (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL