The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » I am writting this on behalf of my Dad,Edwin North via his account here (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
I seem to remember that you had a section for magicians in need but could not find it.
My dad is a small time local mentalist and magician who does shows mostly at local colleges and private functions.
A while back I posted a fund help page for hin (link provided ( https://www.generosity.com/emergencies-f......is-house )
The story is in the link, but in essence he was put in a very bad financial place and stands to lose his home.
In addition to what is listed he has had heart attacks, gall surgery and the house he lives in he uses for income by rentig rooms, but went through a 8 month period with no tenants, that put him even further behind.
He's been busting his butt to get shows but his health is not helping.
He has been without gas for 6 months now.
I don'tknow if there is a place to reach out to his magic friends and associates but I guess it can't hurt to try.
Thanks all,

Jessica (Hazell) Lybarger (AKA Jessica North) Smile
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Please see if you can do anything to help. Heis talking about selling off his magic props etc,and I know he loves that stuff more then anything. I don't want to see my dad lose his one joy in life.
PLEASE PLEASE look into helping him get back on level ground
Thanks
Jessica
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Are things on the Up now?
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
We are still in a tailspin. There was a notice from the Sheriff. He's contacting an attorney. I realize it is a lot, but I was hoping a few magicians would understand and help. We had an additional few donations outside of the site but still so far.
Unfortunately I live with my husband and mother (his ex) and while they are cordial, I know she isn't going to let him move in.
He's contacting an attorney to see about declaring bankruptcy.
Hopefully if this gets any traction hre that won't be needd but he is near the end of his ability to dig out.
He looks so worn and lost, and I am afraid that he won't make it to see his first grandson. I am expecting my first child in January, which is why I can only do so much.
I am so very scared what will happen to him.
His gas was off since April, making it even harder to get a new renter.
I know this is sounding like a bad soap opera, but he had a young man renting a room who fell behind in rent, h waited as long as he could to give the man a break, he is maybe too generous, and when he was ready to tell the man he had to pay or move, the kid wreaks his back at work, needs home nursing car after a week in the hospital. My dad was like, I can't vict this kid now, then a few weks ago my dad found him dead in his room. When the police and coroner arrived they found he had Oded on heroin. We wre shocked, we had no idea this guy was in that much trouble.
But with th egas turned back on h is going to advertise the room again. He has a tenant right now who sems more reliable, but the Sheriff served papers on the loan.
I've seen how generous fellow performers can be and I want to watch my dad pull coins from my sons ears and nose and pass his wand to him.
I am just so terrified he will end up losing everything and I don't know where he will go. He rarely performs now, and most of his shows are doing readings and mind rading at local colleges.
If we can get through this by the tim h gets disability (If he qualifies) and can get that second room rented he will be okay. He will can keep up with utilities and then start paying on the loan.
I know I am asking a lot but if a fraction of the people here give just a dollar, this will get settld and I can breath easy, and he can start living again.
I'm sorry that I rambled on about this, I am just so wound up and frustrated that I can't do more.
Thanks again for your help and thanks in advance to anyone who can spare a little help.
And thanks Mr. @David Scribner for pointing me where to go.
Smile
~Galadriel

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
@Piers, sadly no. There has been no response from the magic community. In fact in the past few months he's been hospitalised 3 times. One for his heart, and twice for severe depression and strong suicidal tendencies. It's been very hard for him, and he's feeling very alone and isolated. I was really hoping to find help here. They have put him on new meds. But if we can't get his car running, things will only get worse. I cannot make a more impassioned plea for any help people can give. Please help him!
https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/c......replaced
Smile
~Galadriel

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
This is Dr North, I was checking on a post I made and found this thread. I'm so very touched my daughter started this thread. I wish I could say things are better, but, they are worse. I have just been served foreclosure papers on my house. So if the **** does hit the fan, I'd at least like a car to sleep in as I put my life back together. So please help if you can in any way.
Smile
~Galadriel

Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I went to generosity.com to help out a little, but they wanted $50 and $7 for their fees. That's more than I could contribute and I'm sure a few others willing to help. Maybe if you started a GoFundMe page you'd get a better response as people could contribute what they can afford.
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Smile
~Galadriel

Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Great I'll get something out after work.
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Thank you so much Tom. If I get this car running I hope to get a job I'm interviewing for next week. But I'll need the car running. With the job I hope to dig out of this hole.
Smile
~Galadriel

Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Good luck, hope things work out for you.
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
@Tom G. Thanks for your help and your good wishes
Smile
~Galadriel

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
I've had 3 anonymous donors! I am 1/5 of the way! If it was any of you I thank you humbly! I am starting to feel like I will make it!
Smile
Smile
~Galadriel

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
I've been called called back for a second interview This could be my chance to break free of the hole I'm in! I still need help guys!!
Smile
~Galadriel

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
I've had a few responses from here so thanks! I had my second interview this morning and it seemed to go well. I'll need my car for this job so if a few more of my friends here can help that would be great!
Smile
~Galadriel

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Today I was offered the job and accepted!But I still need my car up and running by sept 11. As of today I've gotten $140 towards my $500 goal!
This job will also save my house!
https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/c......13561357
Smile
~Galadriel

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Congrats on the new job.
Where the magic begins
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Thanks @Dave Scribner! I'm very excited to start. Let's hope a few folks pull through and help!
Smile
~Galadriel

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Please guys! I'm still behind on my car! Every little bit helps! My job starts next month if I don't have wheels I'm screwed....my home is going into foreclosure unless I can get this job! I need my car running!
Smile
~Galadriel

Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I hope my donation helps...
Piers
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » I am writting this on behalf of my Dad,Edwin North via his account here (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL