The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Meet the Jack, New Mentalism DVD (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Bought it, love it, buy it.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Just waiting for the discount to be applied, then I'll press go.
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
Thank you for the great review guys!!!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Great DVD! My favorites are To Lovecraft and One Head. Really great thinking. The Jack has a wonderful performance style. The explanations video is one hour forty six minutes long, and goes into great detail for all of the handlings and nuances. Very well done!
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
Thank you very much Stunninger!!!
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: Meet the Jack
Creator: Jorge Garcia
Publisher: Alakazam
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: performance is an hour / reveals are an hour and 46 minutes

Type of effect: Entire Mentalism Parlor Performance

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Jorge Garcia, better known to many as "The Jack," has performed and lectured in over 20 countries. He's a regular face on television in his native Argentina and has also performed at the world famous Magic Castle no less than 6 times!

On his first DVD, The Jack shares 8 of his favorite and most powerful Mentalism creations and performance pieces, including To Lovecraft, Jorge's brilliant and acclaimed version of the classic Pegasus Page effect.

Each effect is performed in front of a live audience and later joined by Peter Nardi. They dissect and explain every effect in great detail back at the Alakazam studio.

Routines Include:

To Lovecraft - This is The Jack's awesome take on the classic Book test (variation of Art Emerson Pegasus Page effect) lots of stages to it – regular paper back that you can give away wih the torn page at the end.

L-Mental - a Rock, Paper, Scissors prediction with 3 spectators.

Project Fear - you predict the phobia of a random person in the audience

A Think and Stop Card Trick –a borrowed deck ACAN effect.

One Head – it’s a 3 choice one ahead routine

Blindfold Act - An awesome 5-minute routine using nothing more than a real blindfold and a deck of cards. Jack's Blindfold act has multiple phases that get increasingly more impossible.

Mind Track – a card revelation using spirit writing.

Haunted Key Jack’ take on the classic key effect

As a bonus, on the DVD you will also receive PDF downloads of many of the routines, so you can print them off and learn them anywhere!

How accurate is the ad copy? This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only that also includes pdf lecture notes

How are the production values: both the performance and the explanation are a joy to watch – everything is so well done. Peter Nardi and the team at Alakazam have hit it out of the park with this one.

Is it well taught: Between Peter Nardi and Jorge Garcia the viewer get DOUBLE the ideas – Thanks to “the Jack” for sharing these gems with the public.

Difficulty / Skill level required: All of this is minimal prop mentalism – the entire act could fit in a small carrying case. Nothing to build and the routines are not difficult. I don’t even think there is any sleights to learn.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Most of this is done as a parlor routine, but these would work great for a small gathering or party at your house.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

I had never heard of “The Jack” before, but so thankful for this introduction.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiJG-APnH54
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
WOW _ just woke up the news that Jorge Garcia passed away last night? What happened?
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
According to messages on Facebook he had a massive heart attack and passed away.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yes I heard the very sad and horrible news. Unbelievable.

Jorge was an incredible, talented and fine person and this is a big loss. He was too young.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Although bought this awhile back, got around to watching it only last week. It is heart wrenching to know that he is no longer around. RIP Jack.

There is great learning on this dvd. Jack had an easy and yet powerful stage presence. Very much recommended.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
MagicSarah
View Profile
Regular user
Kent, United Kingdom
195 Posts

Profile of MagicSarah
I was lucky enough to be there for the filming of this dvd. It is amazing - great content and so many routines and ideas on here.

Not only was Jorge an incredibly talented mentalist (thank goodness that this dvd was filmed before we lost him) but he was a very gentle and funny man too! We stayed in touch after the filming and I was so sad to hear that he had passed away.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Sad to see this DVD is being liquidated by a wholesaler. Once these are gone there will likely not be more pressings, so get it while you can. Your favorite dealer will likely have it for half off.

The world of Mentalism misses you, my friend!
timph
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of timph
Amazingly brilliant DVD.

RIP Jorge Garcia.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Meet the Jack, New Mentalism DVD (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL