The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Is it hopeless learning magic if I'm already in my 30s? (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
SvenSigma
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
151 Posts

Profile of SvenSigma
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2016, sirbrad wrote:
It depends on how much you practice. I used to practice up to 18 hours per day as a kid and through my teen years, even in school and on the bus. I used to even get out of bed to work on a move as I could not sleep thinking about it. Smile So my 5 years is probably equivalent to 50 years for others. Smile I was determined to be a professional though and still going strong 36 years later!

I agree and not. Surely, you cannot catch up the time of the past and a kid or teen has more time for practicing. But if you have learned how to learn, with any topics, you can take that knowledge and learn more efficiently and effectively.
It takes a baby in the belly six months to learn how to put the thumb in the mouth.

The rest of life is essentially the same problem.

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
What's the average life expectancy? About 80ish? Let's knock off a few retirement years, so let's say 70.

That still leaves about 30-40 years. That's longer than you've already been alive, let alone time you've been an adult for.

Given it only takes about 5-10 years to get professionally good at Magic (if you're determined and put in the effort and time), that, at very worst, still leaves 20+ years as a pro, if you want. That's a career! Smile
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Yeah..probably. Smile
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2016, magicstudent8416 wrote:

I feel I have wasted my life on things which weren't really of any import up until now.

So now you're gonna learn card tricks?!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Is it hopeless learning magic if I'm already in my 30s? (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL