The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Clubs and Organizations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByDon
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicByDon
Hi All,

I am fortunate enough to live in an area that has quite a few different club meetings within a somewhat reasonable driving distance. I do enjoy attending lectures, and have been to a few offered by various local clubs. If attending a few lectures throughout the year, it seems to be a decent value to just register and join the groups. This brought up a couple of questions for me- Do people tend to join multiple area clubs, Rings, and Assemblies (even within the same national organization)? Do people tend to join the national organization or just register with the local chapters?
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
Many people are members of more than one group. And for many groups you need to join the national association before you become a member of the local group. For instance, I'm a member of my local IBM ring, but first I had to join the national association. Once I was a member of IBM nationally, becoming an official member of my local ring was just a matter of making a modest dues payment. Your mileage may vary.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
MagicByDon
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicByDon
Makes sense- participating in the national and local groups can offer a good variety of lectures and resources for me. Thanks for the input-
javlin5
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of javlin5
Being a part of several groups can provide a lot of learning and collaborating opportunities. Try them out, and see which ones you like.
MagicByDon
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicByDon
Going to a few different meetings and events, I've met a lot of people and I'm not only learning more, but also finding motivation and inspiration-
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
65 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
Ive even looking in my area and no luck. I could travel 2hrs and just might so I'm glad you have some around you.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
Colin -- Are you near South Bend? Because it looks like there's an IBM ring that meets there.

Ring 342 - Magician's Guild of Michiana
South Bend, Indiana

Contact: Rod Danilewicz, 403 Lincolnway West, South Bend, Indiana 46601-1115
When: Meets 3rd Thursday of the month @ 7:00 pm
Location: German Twsp Library, 52807 Lynne Ave, South Bend, IN 46628
Phone: 574-289-1660
Email: oberekking@gmail.com
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Clubs and Organizations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL