The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Charging for Palm Reading? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xanatos
View Profile
Regular user
Wilbraham, MA
144 Posts

Profile of xanatos
Just wondering what other palm readers (and readers of other types of media- tarot, runes, etc), are charging for their services.

I've discovered that after some long term study of many books on the subject, helped by some languaging from the CR arena, I've become quite good and am developing a good rep at palm reading. I'd like to hear from other readers about appropriate charging, mainly doing restaurants and private parties.

Thanks,

Dave
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
I’ts very personal.

A good reference for me is the cost of a haircut, for example. That gives you an idea how how much that kind of client is wiling to pay for a service.

But the thing that most work for me is just ask the clients to payme whatever they thing my reading worth. Is a powerful premise, an elegant way to claim self confidence without make a claim about how accurated you are.

I have been using that for long, but this option is also on Brad Henderson’s “The Dance”.
xanatos
View Profile
Regular user
Wilbraham, MA
144 Posts

Profile of xanatos
Ah, The Dance. Yes, I also read that, an excellent book. The other book I've recently read ( and need to re-read due to the volume and density of useful info) is Full Facts of Cold Reading by Ian Rowland.

I have found that most readers who are doing private parties are getting $500.00 a night or more. That's the kind of work I'm looking for, and I believe I will get, if the testimonials I am getting are any indication.

I am just building my career as a wizard at this time, and I'm carefully feeling my way along with regards to charging for various services I perform. For people I know well, just the warmth of their company and a good meal, perhaps some wine, is sufficient. For those who hire me solely on my well spoken merits, however, I feel I should be getting a significant token.

Still looking to hear from the working pros out there...

Dave
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Xanatos - I hope this helps. I am in Southern California. I charge a minimum of $500 for a private party. For that amount, the client receives palm/tarot reading, parlour/close-up effects and a short hypnosis routine. If I am also asked to MC an event, as well, the price goes up according to location and time.
For a simple close-up magic shows, I know some professionals who are charging $350 an hour if there is not much travel involved.
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
I've just started doing quick, fun readings.

I do 5 minutes of numerology, 5 minutes of palm reading and 5 minutes of tarot reading (a 3 card reading...1 card for the past, 1 for the present and 1 for the future).

I charge $25 Aussie dollars for these 15 minute readings (that's about $20 US) and they're very popular. By charging a lower price, it becames an impulse purchase.

I like these short, fun, happy readings. I don't think I could ever do long, serious readings.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Charging for Palm Reading? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL