The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dunford Modular Reading System (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
There are lots of resources available for learning how to give readings. Having a passion for this subject, I have studied many of them. One often recommended piece of advice is to "learn a system". And good advice it is! However, learning a system may seem overwhelming to some. At least when just starting out.

One very good remedy to the "overwhelm" problem is the Iain Dunford Modular Reading System. Well, it's not actually called that. But it IS that in both theory and practice. I own three books by Iain Dunford (one co-authored by Dave Moses): TPR, Compendium Corpus, and Devil May Care. Corpus I don't think is currently available, but Thought Paths (one of the systems in Corpus) is on Iain's Lulu page as of today.

Any of these books are an excellent choice to get started learning how to give readings. Each system taught is easy to understand and learn. Each system is complete or "stand-alone". All of the individual systems also fit together and may be combined. If you learn all of individual systems Iain teaches you truly have a Modular Reading System, one that provides great flexibility in offering personalized and unique readings, for one person, or many.

If you want to learn how to give readings, and do so in an honest and ethical way, here is a highly recommended place to start your journey:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thank you - glad you have enjoyed them and are using them...

and you're right, Corpus isn't available anymore...i tend to withdraw certain things for a while, normally a year or so - and recently a few things have appeared again...and there's a few things up at steven's magic emporium now too, as we get on so well...they are handling a few digital things of mine that you can't get elsewhere...

me and Dave are very proud of TPR, especially what was said by not only "us guys" but also "those guys" - the ones you hear about being the top experts in their field(s)...so mr riggs, the late great ron martin, Michael weber, millard longman...

i like modular, it makes sense to me - and as for Devil May Care, was very happy with how that turned out...

thanks again...
I've asked to be banned
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I was able to apply some thoughts from Devil May Care and Metaph-Oracle to two shows I did just this week at the college where I teach. I was really happy with being able to add some real significance through readings in both a drawing duplication and a card prediction and to do so with complete honesty and integrity* in an academic setting! The secrets and systems are good, but I benefitted most from the premise and presentation building taught in the books.

*That is, giving a premise of reality without claiming to be a psychic or psychologist.

What is TPR? I only see something called Thought Paths at the Lulu link.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2016, Stunninger wrote:
TRP is found here:

http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/david-mos......912.html

So I can't spell a three letter acronym.

Correction:

TPR is found here:

http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/david-mos......912.html
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Thanks for the TPR love.
It continues to be my go to Reading System-- but it's also a great oracle to help with your latest drawing dupe or sneak thief billet variant!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hey...so Devil May Care is now available again, but as a PDF only...reviews are about, one is in Mentally Speaking...

https://tinyurl.com/ybacfvdr

Smile
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dunford Modular Reading System (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL