The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » I lost my head and I need help!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. Confession time. Not my head, actually, but my "Head Hunter" Anybody here ever had an effect that you had practiced and were really great at, and used a lot, but eventually you moved on to other effects, but years later wanted to get back to the first effect but DIDN'T remember the moves no matter how hard you tried? That's where I am right now with Bob Farmer's "head Hunter" I used to do it all the time, some time back...many moons ago, in fact, but when I tried to revive it in my repertoire recently, all memory of the moves and sleights were vanished like a phantom from my brain. Sigh. What you don't use you lose. So no problem. I went to my files to dig out the instructions, and horror of horrors, I no longer have them!

I said all that to say if anybody still has the instructions to this Bob Farmer's classic, and would be willing to share them with Daff, man I would be greatly in your debt! PLEASE??
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Daff, I do not have that effect or I would gladly help you out. I can sympathize with you though....as this has indeed happened to me several times. I move on from an effect and then a year or so later, I will see someone else do the same effect....but for the life of me...no recollection as to how the heck I did it! I think that happens a lot to those of us who play around with a lot of different effects. I am always in the market to learn new stuff to show friends and family, so I am constantly changing my set.
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Daff, I too love this effect and performed it for years. (Thanks for reminding me)..I do have the instruction booklet. PM me.

Gary
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The amazing thing to me, about memory, is that magic effects, unlike riding a bike, do NOT always stick in memory forever. And that applies to tricks that you have literally DRILLED into your brain by hundreds, even thousands of performances or practices. I mean, there are effects that I KNOW IN MY SLEEP, I have literally BURNED the moves and sequences into my magical brain, and you would think they are so deeply imbedded that it's impossible to ever forget them! You would think you can't even pry them out with a crowbar! But as I said, if you don't do the effect for a few weeks or months the memory begins to rust and get scrambled, and if you don't use it, you lose it.

Wouldn't it be sweet if the memory was retained truly and indelibly PERMANENTLY? Think of all the time you could save not having to go back and RELEARN stuff! You could move on to new effects and continually expand your repertoire without the hassle of having to refresh your memory all the time. It would literally save a guy like me HUNDREDS of hours over my life, and I could almost be a walking Tarbell course. Or another Jay Sankey. (Jay appears to have mastered thousands of routines, or perhaps he's subject to the same memory decline as the rest of us, and his encyclopedic repertoire is only an illusion)?

Oh, and I will PM you with much thanks and gratitude!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm now performing it as smooth as butter, just as if I had never forgotten it. Happy days are here again! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » I lost my head and I need help!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL