The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Contract Book by Jim KleeFeld... A Must Have! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of montgomerymagic
An Oldie But A Goodie. Another GREAT BOOK for you arsenal.

The Contract Book by Jim KleeFeld

This valuable reference for entertainers, recently updated, has been in print continuously since it was first published in 1988. It is a compendium of contracts and contract information geared especially for entertainers. Magicians, clowns, jugglers, musicians, ventriloquists and storytellers have all found the advice and information on contract invaluable. Besides a strong theory section on how and why to use contracts for shows, there is practical advice on paper, envelopes and printing.

The book's second section has 12 contract forms suitable for reproduction as is or on letterhead. Each form is supplemented with text that explains its various functions and clauses, such as cancellation or videotaping. There is also a section on booking sheets for keeping track of show arrangements. There are booking sheet examples and a sample cover letter for sending with contract mailings.

Softcover Cover
http://www.jimkleefeld.com/

Digital PDF
http://www.lybrary.com/the-contract-book-p-278.html
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My only question about contracts, and this is ANY contact not specifically those in this book is how do they stand up to challenges?

Again not in this case because I haven't read it but I have seen unenforceable clauses in performers contacts that they are just so proud of.

A resource for smartly done contacts is a good thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Thanks for another good book recommendation, I had not heard of this one and it sounds like it would be worth taking a look.
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Danny,

Your concern is usually resolved IF your contract has a jurisdiction named that can ensure enforceability.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No not generally true. All that establishes is where you get to fight about it. Certainly an important step.

Magicians put in such strange clauses sometimes that are just not enforceable.

But most contracts done by most performers here are not national anyhow. They are very local.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of montgomerymagic
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2016, Tim Friday wrote:
Thanks for another good book recommendation, I had not heard of this one and it sounds like it would be worth taking a look.

Tim
I bought this book years ago and it has served me well. If I was going to do it all over again I would probably go with the Digital PDF File instead of the softback book for one reason. You will probably want to change a few things in the contracts to fit your personal needs so it would make since to invest in the PDF file so you can easily open up the contracts into your Adobe Reader and make any needed changes and then print them out.
Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The Contract Book by Jim KleeFeld... A Must Have! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL