The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Cards by Kev G (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I performed Cube Cards at least a couple dozen times the past weekend (a few different routines with the cards), and I'd have to say that this was probably one of the best received routines I did. Great stuff, and I think this is something that will be sticking in my repertoire. I'm actually considering getting a backup set because I'd hate to not be able to perform it if something were to happen to the cards!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
My set is sitting in customs for like 10 days now
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2016, sgtgrey wrote:
I performed Cube Cards at least a couple dozen times the past weekend (a few different routines with the cards), and I'd have to say that this was probably one of the best received routines I did. Great stuff, and I think this is something that will be sticking in my repertoire. I'm actually considering getting a backup set because I'd hate to not be able to perform it if something were to happen to the cards!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it does get great reactions! If you're not already on the Facebook group the link is on the tutorial or shoot me a PM, there are a few other ideas on there!
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Yup, I'm on there - and the idea of using the extra cards with GT's routine is genius. I've had good reactions to that, as well as mixing this with my Cube FX one-cube dual reality effect I've been doing for over a year now.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We are please to say that Murphy's Magic now have Cube Cards in stock so it is now available from your favourite dealer and us of course Smile
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Picked this up recently and am very impressed. Top notch production value and teaching and love all the variations that are possible.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Never again. Mark is he nicest guy but my cards still have not come from Chicago PO. Now could have them tomorrow from Penguin.
Rant over, thank you for reading
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2016, Xcath1 wrote:
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Never again. Mark is he nicest guy but my cards still have not come from Chicago PO. Now could have them tomorrow from Penguin.
Rant over, thank you for reading

I just checked your tracking they were stuck for ages in transit, but it looks like they may well be out for delivery very soon.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Cube Cards made it to Murphy's and sold out in 24 hours!!!!

Another batch is on the way it should get there by the end of the week.

We still have some in stock buts it is running low here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......v-g.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The new batch has arrived with Murphy's so grad one now from your favourite dealer Smile
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Thanks for all the messages about Cube Cards! Just clarify a couple of frequently asked questions...

Q: What's a speed cube?
A: A speed cube has been specially designed and lubricated to allow fast, smoother and easier turning - These can be picked up for a few dollars online, but I do go into Cubes I recommend and what to look for on the tutorial (My personal favourite is the Dayan ZhanChi V5)

Q: I can't solve the cube and I'm worried about messing it up - Is this something I could do?
A: Yes definitely! I'd always recommend you learn to solve the cube, but once you learn and practice the easy mix it will become muscle memory. It is likely you'll mess up when practising but I do cover a method to reset the cube (without having to take it apart) that won't take long at all.

Q: The mix looks complicated, do I have to memorise a long algorithm?
A: Not at all - The mix is VERY easy to remember...For example if you can remember 1,2,3,4 you'll be fine!

Q: Is there just the one effect?
A: I explain a few versions of my full routine.....but the mix by Takamitsu Usui can be used to perform a range of effects (In the bag solve, behind the back etc) There are also some "bonus" creative cards for use with packet tricks - lots of ideas are being shared on the facebook group

Q: How do I join the facebook group?
A: Check the link on the tutorial, or search within facebook. Please check you PM's though as you'll have a message requesting to confirm the tutorial password before you're accepted.

Q: How much stuff to I need to carry as I perform close-up and have limited pocket space?
A: With Cube Cards you only need to carry ONE cube with you and a deck of cards (In the bonus section I explain a cheap method for creating your own cube holder that attaches to your trousers/belt to free up your pockets)

Q: $34.99 seems cheap in comparison to other Rubik's cube effects on the market, how does it stack up?
A: Obviously I'm biased but just check out the feedback from others that have purchased cube cards....they're loving it and getting amazing reactions! Phil Shaw, from MagicSeen Magazine wrote "If you are looking for something that will get you great reactions then Cube Cards is worth your consideration."

If you have any other questions, please ask.

I appreciate all the support!
- Kev G
----------
----------
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
First reviews coming in over at Penguin http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21930#reviews
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Severingkong
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Severingkong
WOW! I got my copy of Cube Cards this week from Penguin....this is brilliant! Firstly I can't believe there's not more posts on this thread about how good this is. I'm a big fan of Rubiks Cube magic and own the majority of the stuff that's been published and this is a workers dream!

The quality of the cards is superb and the instruction on the tutorial is top class - really clear and covers everything you need to know and more (The cube holder is just what I needed). The fact that you also learn Takamitu's algorithm gives you a utility move you can apply to lots of other purposes - there's been some fantastic ideas on the Facebook group.

This really is easy to learn and is strong enough to go into your #1 close-up set. It makes you wonder why so many would shell out $350 for an effect doesn't it?

I love this 10/10
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Received Cube Cards this week! I'm extremely impressed and this will be making its way into my standard routine! Thank you.
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
There's a nice review over at NingThing http://ningthing.com/review-saturn-magic......s-kev-g/

Murphy's should have more stock tomorrow!

Thanks again for the support and If you have Cube Cards and are not on the Facebook group check out the link on the tutorial ;-)
----------
----------
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Now with 8 5 star reviews on Penguin http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21930 and 4 outside reviews linked on the Murphys page http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=58600 Smile
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Great review from Paul Romhany in this month's Vanish Magazine (Page 151) https://www.joomag.com/magazine/vanish-m......04?short
----------
----------
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Derek "HUBB" Irwin has come up with a great idea for using the cube cards routine when you only have you mobile phone and a cube on you. If you have Cube Cards, Derek has shared the details in the Facebook Group.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=VYrkdWXUB8s
----------
----------
natswift
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
177 Posts

Profile of natswift
Alright, I'm teetering here.

I just ordered Cube3 and am very excited to get it and learn some cube magic. Yes I know my NERD is showing.

I see "cube magic" as a perfect addition to my magic repetoire. So here's the question.

Once I learn Cube3 will it be confusing to combine both methods/ routines from that to Cube Cards?

Or once learned will it be easy enough to switch back and forth between algorithms?

Does this question even make sense?
Never forget to dream!

Nathan Smith
nateswift2010@gmail.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, natswift wrote:
Alright, I'm teetering here.

I just ordered Cube3 and am very excited to get it and learn some cube magic. Yes I know my NERD is showing.

I see "cube magic" as a perfect addition to my magic repetoire. So here's the question.

Once I learn Cube3 will it be confusing to combine both methods/ routines from that to Cube Cards?

Or once learned will it be easy enough to switch back and forth between algorithms?

Does this question even make sense?

Yes its very simple its only 4 moves you need to remember for Cube Cards.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube Cards by Kev G (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL