The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card in Chocolate bar help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Hello folks!

I just watched Kieron Johnsons LIVE Penguin Lecture and I instantly fell in love with Card in Chocolate bar.

In the Lecture, Kieron tears the card. One quarter is held by the spectator as receipt, the other three quarters are swallowed by Kieron.

Kieron says that the strongest way to present this effect is to actually swallow the cards, but he actually disadvises to swallow them because
it could be harmful. He says he is only doing it because he has a special technique to do so.

My question to those who are performing this piece of wonderful magic: Do you actually swallow the rest of the card? have you found a great way around this?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

fabian
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Swallowing a card? Man, that sounds really, really wild!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I don't know about this one, but I DO KNOW about using chocolate bars as if they were playing cards from working with Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki on his e-Book "Chocolate Bar Magic" from the Wizards' Journal #31. Perhaps you can get some ideas for merging the two concepts.
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
@daffydoug

It surely is wild, but really worth it! By now I have found a great way to handle this and I get great reactions with this one!

@jimgerrish

Thank you very much for your input! I will surely look into this!

fabian
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My favorite chocolate bar trick is hot chocolate by Paul Harris. But I only perform it in winter months. Summer months are a natural enemy to any and all chocolate bar effects. Or am I the only one who noticed that?
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2016, daffydoug wrote:
My favorite chocolate bar trick is hot chocolate by Paul Harris. But I only perform it in winter months. Summer months are a natural enemy to any and all chocolate bar effects. Or am I the only one who noticed that?

No, you are certainly not. But summer is over here in Europe. Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Here too. Time for me to break out my chocolate bar tricks.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You guys have obviously not heard of the switching cooler bag, an insulated canvas bag gimmicked for switching chocolate bar fekes (cardboard covered by a chocolate bar wrappers) that are actually used to perform the trick, for real cool and unmelted chocolate bars to toss out to the audience at the end.
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
I don't know why anyone would Really swallow a playing card when slight of hand could achieve the same affect. Place the remaining three quarters into a paperclip and do Jay Sankeys Paper clipped slight buy executing the switch then putting the paper clip in your mouth then spit out the paper clip without the pieces. Motivation for this could be as simple as it makes the pieces easier to swallow.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Much more pleasant swallowing chocolate. Smile
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
What about printing cards on dissolving paper? People shouldn't be able to tell. And it could cause less damage?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Dissolving paper?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card in Chocolate bar help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL