The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Why six months with no Chef's Specials? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Is there a reason why the last chef’s special was the January & February 2016 entree with Xavier Spade? I always looked forward to those great “Q and A” sessions. It’s educational to see how the minds of some of the movers and shakers in our Art work and to have a chance to get to know them better.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Amado,

Thanks for taking the time to ask your question. Smile

In regards to our celebrity guests, we have been very fortunate to have been able to have a guest each month over many many years.

To date we have had a hundred and fifty seven guests! That's a lot. Smile

Unfortunately getting guests has never been an easy thing to do.

Let me explain...

From the beginning we have tried to have a variety of performers, authors and creators with different styles that would have a broad appeal to our Café members.
Let's face it, your favorite performer might be uninteresting for someone else - just sayin' Smile

Finding them is easy and getting them to agree to spend a week answering questions is even easier.

The difficult part is the scheduling! Most of these people are professionals who have very busy performing schedules or are in the middle of traveling because they are lecturing.
You would think the internet would make this an easy task, but the technology is not the issue here - It's time and energy.
Most times these guests are answering questions and posting essays in between performing, lecturing and traveling - it can be very daunting!
You see, unless you have been the guest one may not realize just how much work is actually involved in participating.

Having said all that, I have went to a guest every two months format and as you have seen, we do not always have a guest.
That's not to say that past guests have not offered to participate a second time - many have volunteered to do so. It's just that I would rather not repeat a guest, that's all.

In the meantime you should know we have several folks lined up for future spots and will have new guests as time and availability make it possible.
By the way, should you have suggestions for future guests please do not hesitate to drop me a private message (PM) - I would love to hear your ideas!

Also, don't forget that we have archived all the past guests for your reading pleasure. Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Why six months with no Chef's Specials? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL