The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help with trying to track down credit for an effect. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Back around 1999 - 2000, I owned an effect that I believe was titled "Black Magic II" or "Black Magick II". I lost the trick at a gig one night and have never been able to find it since. I believe it was from "Harries Magic" (?) in Sweden, but I really can't remember.

The effect was based on a specific kind of numerical coding often associated with Leo Boudreau and more recently, Phill Smith. It came with a list of 5 letter words and black-backed alphabet cards. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with this effect, and more importantly - who created it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.
There is a road - no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow; that path is for your steps alone.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4313 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I have a version called "Spellblinder" by Jerry Sadowitz.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I think that may be it - the name is ringing a bell. The cards are black-backed with no border, right?

Now I am really mystified. I know I had one called "Black Magic II". This is going to bother me to no end trying to figure it out. Smile

In the meantime, I will look up "Spellblinder."

Thanks for your help Philemon.
There is a road - no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow; that path is for your steps alone.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hmmm. I can't find a single reference to this anywhere on the net other than "Spellbinder" the periodical.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4313 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2016, Sudo Nimh wrote:
I think that may be it - the name is ringing a bell. The cards are black-backed with no border, right?

The cards have a border, since that's how you read the coding used.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Right. I remember this now. I also had a version of this that was "corner" based.

If I may bother for a final detail - are the instructions dated? I would like to try and get all the details I can. If I don't somebody will invariably cry foul.

Thanks again Philemon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help with trying to track down credit for an effect. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL