The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Uri Geller reveals his secrets through Murphy's Magic?? (46 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Tilburg, The Netherlands
450 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Penguin creates a video of your stuff being packaged. Would be nice to see Uri bend the 500 spoons before being shipped Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2016, Powermagic wrote:
Shame on Murphys for spinning and misleading " It never says he will reveal his methods or secrets. It says "- Uri Geller's exclusive lecture exposing his most secret, private and inner thoughts."
Secret THOUGHTS? I have secret thoughts.
Murphy's stop trying to con magicians. Just call it a signed 3 dvd biography if that is all it is.

That's why Murphy's employ Titanas ,always does a great job in putting a good spin on what ever product that comes up regardless of a table of content or lack of !

Personally I think I will wait for the official James Randi review before purchase !
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Couple of questions on this for our dealer friends.

Is this a new lecture from Uri or is it his FISM lecture from last year.

Are there any magic secrets divulged.

Is this a brand new biography, there is already a BBC one on YouTube. So is it new and who made it.

Many thanks for your prompt response.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1891 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Ray,
Most of your questions have already been addressed in the interview.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
If I may chime in. I don't know what this product teaches and I don't own it. Unlike some, I can't tell you much about what I don't have. BUT, my question is, what do you guys think the real secret of Uri is? The secret to his success. The secret to his 'work'. I can guarantee you it's not how he bends the spoon. Who here, do not know how to bend a spoon? Uri is a real worker who made a future for himself out of nothing doing exactly what most are capable of doing here and less. If you are not living the life you want performing or doing what you do, who knows, you might find the 'secrets' Uri shares useful; and maybe even life changing.

Will Tsai
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2016, Titanas wrote:
Dear Ray,
Most of your questions have already been addressed in the interview.

Best regards,
Titanas

So judging by the interview the documentary is one that has been out there for a few years?

You can pick up some hints on how Uri performs by watching his lecture/performance but there may be very little in outright instruction.

There will be no secrets divulged re his magic techniques.

Is that about right Titanas ?

I only make the point because of letters like this from Uri to anybody claiming he is a magician ;

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/......letters1
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3309 Posts

Profile of takeachance
But that is published in a newspaper which is available to the general public so he gives an ambiguous answer as someone from our art would expect. Its his branding, not sure why people in the magic/mentalism arts get so put off by that. He keeps the secret alive, brilliant.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2016, takeachance wrote:
But that is published in a newspaper which is available to the general public so he gives an ambiguous answer as someone from our art would expect. Its his branding, not sure why people in the magic/mentalism arts get so put off by that. He keeps the secret alive, brilliant.

Yep he keeps the secret...my point is that I have every reason to believe that after you have purchased this set you'll find he's still kept the secret.

Which is fine if people just want to see more of Gellers act and hear the rather unrevealing (in a magic sense) biography.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2016, Will Tsai wrote:
If I may chime in. I don't know what this product teaches and I don't own it. Unlike some, I can't tell you much about what I don't have. BUT, my question is, what do you guys think the real secret of Uri is? The secret to his success. The secret to his 'work'. I can guarantee you it's not how he bends the spoon. Who here, do not know how to bend a spoon? Uri is a real worker who made a future for himself out of nothing doing exactly what most are capable of doing here and less. If you are not living the life you want performing or doing what you do, who knows, you might find the 'secrets' Uri shares useful; and maybe even life changing.

Will Tsai

I agree with all of the above. Uri's success had little to do with the techniques that he used, we're all more than capable of using those same techniques and more. Uri's success was being Uri and making us invest in him. I think this could be a fascinating look into why he believes he was so successful and how he bent a spoon will have no bearing whatsoever.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:

Will Tsai

I agree with all of the above. Uri's success had little to do with the techniques that he used, we're all more than capable of using those same techniques and more. Uri's success was being Uri and making us invest in him. I think this could be a fascinating look into why he believes he was so successful and how he bent a spoon will have no bearing whatsoever.

Looking forward to your review
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Think ill wait for reviews because its a lot of money just for his biography without teaching his techniches
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:

Will Tsai

I guess his secret was one big lie that the public thought was true

Bit like most of the SansMinds Demos

Some people will believe anything !
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Lol, Read JackMagics post for the last 30 days and see if you can find a single one that doesn't sound like a spoilt child Smile
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Uri is a living legend. he was the one, that gave metal bending a face and
btw:uri is one of the nicest people I've ever met.
Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3915 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Think ill wait for reviews because its a lot of money just for his biography without teaching his techniches

What techniques do you think you can really learn from Uri? His legend is made off the back of his refusal to ever be seen out of character as well as how he presents the effects, not some super secret technical skill/method. One can argue that we have far better actual technical tools at our disposal now than a lot of the things Uri likely uses.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
He conned the world in to believing he had real powers refused to be associated with magicians turned down invitations to the Magic Circle draw your own conclusions as to why
So now he is trying to con you out of your money (in fact a lot of money) to tell you nothing that you don't already know
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2016, rasmus wrote:
Uri is a living legend. he was the one, that gave metal bending a face and
btw:uri is one of the nicest people I've ever met.
Smile

Yep, this is so nice :

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/4650......ht-MH370
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2016, johndevacmaker wrote:
He conned the world in to believing he had real powers refused to be associated with magicians turned down invitations to the Magic Circle draw your own conclusions as to why
So now he is trying to con you out of your money (in fact a lot of money) to tell you nothing that you don't already know

This is just what I don't get..a bunch of magicians paying money to hear how he isn't a magician whilst watching a demonstration of his powers.

He's a decent performer who got lucky landing in the Stanford Research Institute before they knew better and then building on that immense good luck.

But his fake psychic stuff is all well and good until it gets into the missing persons publicity nonsense which is , to me, inherently distasteful and morally repugnant.

I'm sure he's lovely in person though.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3915 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:

So it's a con that a performer chooses to essentially stay in character virtually all day every day? If he is associated with magicians or go participate at the Magic Circle, that introduces the possibility that people may start viewing him differently, how people view him is his "secret weapon."

How is him doing what he does any different than Christian Bale living off a few measly apples a day in order to become anorexic for his role in The Machinist? How is it any different than Joaquin Phoenix acting all strange and crazy on all public appearances for over a year or so in order to make I'm Still Here?

Has Uri used what he has to tell people what their dead grandmothers are saying to so and so? Telling people how they should live their life because he senses XYZ? No, he entertains. That's it.

The greatest advantage a mentalist has over a magician is going to be this public opinion that one has plausibility whilst the other is purely tricks. Uri just took that notion of plausibility and ran with it. We call mentalism and magic forms of art, now you're just brushing away the work a artist has put in to make his art the best he can? When did the world suddenly give you the power to dictate how a performer should or should not perform within reason?

Quote:
On Oct 3, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:

This is just what I don't get..a bunch of magicians paying money to hear how he isn't a magician whilst watching a demonstration of his powers.

He's a decent performer who got lucky landing in the Stanford Research Institute before they knew better and then building on that immense good luck.

But his fake psychic stuff is all well and good until it gets into the missing persons publicity nonsense which is , to me, inherently distasteful and morally repugnant.

I'm sure he's lovely in person though.

He didn't go and try to divine what happened to the missing plane. He absolutely did not do so. How is he being deceptive? If anything, he actually handled the situation very well. He didn't overstep his boundaries there and go proclaiming that he can use his powers to find the plane.

Let's put it this way. Banachek has a disclaimer of sorts for what he does... yet his implication to the audience is that he creates the illusion of a 6th sense by using the existing 5. That if you think about it is the equivalent of having super powers. You've combined existing sense to create the illusion of a 6th sense. It doesn't matter if you said it's an illusion, the whole statement is pretty much nonsensical to laypeople. Does it really matter that Banachek has shared his material with the rest of the community? Does that make him better versus Uri where it counts, lay audiences? Not saying one is better than the other by the way. Ones material is ones material, one can share or not share, it's their material. There's no rule that dictates one must share ones material with the community.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
You're missing the point Kissadookie.

My problem is him using the missing plane as publicity.

A bit like that Kreskin saying he predicted 911.

Do these idiots not realise the sensitivity of the subject they are dealing with. Or do they just not care.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Uri Geller reveals his secrets through Murphy's Magic?? (46 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL