The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shy by Smagic Productions (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1539 Posts

Profile of Kaliix

So I got this video emailed to me by World Magic Shop. I will be curious to see how practical this is when it is released. I know nothing about Shy except for what is seen in the trailer, but it definitely looks interesting.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
185 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Seriously, this looks insane. I don't want to but I'm going to hold out for some reviews.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Hmm, if that's the first time they've signed a coin I am impressed.

However practically speaking I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of my spare time splitting cards !
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
185 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
Hmm, if that's the first time they've signed a coin I am impressed.

However practically speaking I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of my spare time splitting cards !

That's where I'm at as well. I want the outcome but I don't want the arts and crafts.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
The effect looks insane, I have never seen anything near as crazy. But if I guess right, it seems to me that such effect, if it involves a signed coin, requires a lot of public management, such as requiring to tear the card in a certain way, as shown in the video, or the spectator not looking at the card box, because I'm pretty sure it's gimmicked. I know there are two uncut performances, pretty well done, but I'm not confident it would look as clean in general. I hope I'm wrong.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
The effect looks insane, I have never seen anything near as crazy. But if I guess right, it seems to me that such effect, if it involves a signed coin, requires a lot of public management, such as requiring to tear the card in a certain way, as shown in the video, or the spectator not looking at the card box, because I'm pretty sure it's gimmicked. I know there are two uncut performances, pretty well done, but I'm not confident it would look as clean in general. I hope I'm wrong.

Theres a very brief moment in the second performance where the box catches the light at an angle and something looks odd....but the proof of the pudding is how well the box stands up to being used close up.

Can only speculate from the cleanliness of the demo that the coin is loaded when it vanishes on the box which suggests a pretty gaffed box and at that moment the spec will be looking very closely.

Having said that we tend to look for things the spec doesn't and the number of people who worrry about their TT when nobody has ever spotted mine..says we can be over anxious on these things.

NB That Erdnase is shocking.
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Too much arts and crafts for my liking, killer effect though
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This is cool effect that we have in stock ready to ship. http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html

I also have some great bonus tips to improve this which will be up on our website soon for our customers.

It makes me smile every time I do this and I'm thinking for UK customers using this after Murray Mint could be a good follow on routine.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
This is cool effect that we have in stock ready to ship. http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html

I also have some great bonus tips to improve this which will be up on our website soon for our customers.

It makes me smile every time I do this and I'm thinking for UK customers using this after Murray Mint could be a good follow on routine.

Do you have to make up a new card for each performance ?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Yes you do, you rip them open.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:

Theres a very brief moment in the second performance where the box catches the light at an angle and something looks odd....but the proof of the pudding is how well the box stands up to being used close up.

Can only speculate from the cleanliness of the demo that the coin is loaded when it vanishes on the box which suggests a pretty gaffed box and at that moment the spec will be looking very closely.

Having said that we tend to look for things the spec doesn't and the number of people who worrry about their TT when nobody has ever spotted mine..says we can be over anxious on these things.

Concerning your sentence, what's wrong with the move ? We, magicians, obviously know how he vanished the card, and for the spectator, probably, that looks good. Like I've said, what worries me in fact is the box. I hope the box is well made, so that the spectator can look at it up close for 1 or 2 seconds. Apparently, the spectators don't see anything wrong with box, or even in the card (since they are holding it), but these are the questions I'm asking. Because people are reviewing it, I like these questions to be answered honestly. I want to do this effect. It's just super, super awesome.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Quote:

Concerning your sentence, what's wrong with the move ? We, magicians, obviously know how he vanished the card, and for the spectator, probably, that looks good. Like I've said, what worries me in fact is the box. I hope the box is well made, so that the spectator can look at it up close for 1 or 2 seconds. Apparently, the spectators don't see anything wrong with box, or even in the card (since they are holding it), but these are the questions I'm asking. Because people are reviewing it, I like these questions to be answered honestly. I want to do this effect. It's just super, super awesome.

For me the card being vanished moves too far forward, it shouldn't really look as though it's moving at all.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
In fairness this looks amazing - but then again they all do... Here's hoping this will be very practical. However if Mark gives the thumbs up, then I trust him - look forward to the reviews.
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
185 Posts

Profile of btwigg
I would like to know how long it takes to build each card if anyone knows.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Shy is on our latest review show here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-prod......R36.html

Each card takes me around 2 minutes to get ready, we do however have an idea which will make it a lot quicker but have to try it out today.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Ive ordered this yesterday when it arrives I will Review it

It's clear there real speactators if you look at the audience members there more intrested in his hands than the cards or the box

I love this concept I can't wait to have a play.

i love prep work I currently spend hours a week preping my magic it gives me so much joy to no that all that hard work is going to be worth it for the few mins I perform it

Kind regards

K
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I love Murray mint but thought it was a brief routine and worthy of so much more.I asked in another thread could a £ 2 50 p version be done.As I thought it may fit in with coin unique £2 50p through the hand,then have coins signed.Theres no other version I know using a £ 2 pound coin and a 10 p.Sadly not,so this effect as Saturn magic have said will fit in well.Im not sure just yet how to structure the routine as I haven't got shy yet.However at a table after a card routine specs card is left on table.Going into Murray mint after which, using the signed coin and and using said abandoned card for shy is an idea that I hope could be worked somehow.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
So got it the box looks great the instructions let it down a lot also there are better ways of making the gaff but the overall effect works

It's a worker I will update when performed

K
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
223 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
I haven't bought it, but after watching the trailer I'm pretty sure it has too many factors to care about (for me)... Lightning (you can see the f**p on the box in the trailer), I guess it also can't be too quite (because you could hear the coin passing the f**p) & also maybe too much work to prepare the card for every new performance... Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
A spectator will be hard pushed to notice anything wrong with the box, I checked out the noise and the sound is very similar to what it should be, it sounds like picking a coin up off a box.

I don't mind prep work, a bit of prep often gives you effects stronger than others.

This is very well made and does the job, I can't wait to get out there and try this, it's one of those effects you can buy one day and do the next.

We have a bonus page live for our customers on our website with a very easy and quick way to prep the cards discussed.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shy by Smagic Productions (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL