The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Propless. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, rev_marcus wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2016, John C wrote:
Sudo Nimh

Not personally familiar with Sudo Nimh, is there a particular routine that is prop-less, really great, or is it a majority of their stuff? Thanks!

www.thedarkbizarre.com

He produces some nice effects.
rev_marcus
View Profile
New user
Just getting started with
95 Posts

Profile of rev_marcus
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, bowers wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
V has 4 different effects, for me the two person version that is essentially prevaricator without needing to prevaricate is for me the best version of this particular l***c p****e I have ever come across.

Mark

Yes this version is called Verbalist. A wonderful
effect for two people.Its like TH on steroids.
I use it a lot.
Todd

I like the premise of Verbalist but have not used it yet, the first 2 (Veritas, Vox?) I use quite a bit. I still use a variation of Banacheks for 2 people just because it is so deep in my brain. I don't do stage so I don't know that I would use the 4th, though I haven't really read that section in-depth so maybe.
rev_marcus
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of rev_marcus
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, John C wrote:
www.thedarkbizarre.com

He produces some nice effects.

I will have to check out that website and search for some review, thank you.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I'd have to say that my current propless favourite is still 50:50 Fantasia by Iain Rowland. I have been playing around with it for months now and I still love it. What I am doing with it now is significantly different than what it started out being. But I love that it can be performed anywhere anytime and still gets that slack jawed "holy crap" look at the end. A remarkable effect. It's taught me a lot about everything from volunteer management to presentation.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2016, rev_marcus wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, bowers wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
V has 4 different effects, for me the two person version that is essentially prevaricator without needing to prevaricate is for me the best version of this particular l***c p****e I have ever come across.

Mark

Yes this version is called Verbalist. A wonderful
effect for two people.Its like TH on steroids.
I use it a lot.
Todd

I like the premise of Verbalist but have not used it yet, the first 2 (Veritas, Vox?) I use quite a bit. I still use a variation of Banacheks for 2 people just because it is so deep in my brain. I don't do stage so I don't know that I would use the 4th, though I haven't really read that section in-depth so maybe.

I use a variation of the 4th as my opener for my stage show and for me it's worth the price. Verbalist I use in casual performances along with TH and Strange Oblique. TH, then Verbalist, then Strange Oblique is effectively a complete impromptu act. I use my star sign stacking that can be found in Harpacrown during Verbalist so in that phase I reveal both peoples star sign, who is lying, who is telling the truth and where the coin is. During Strange Oblique I will throw in some cold reading.

Ah while I think of it another great effect in this category is Rock Paper Lies by Jay DiBase.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Thank you so much, rev, Bowers, Dreda, David and Mark for all your recommendations and thoughts.
I'm also led to believe there is a release by a certain Mr Chandaue that may be worth a look!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Not much in the way of propless in my book it's mostly practical sure fire material that relies on old fashioned principles but it's definitely worth a look.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I think propless is best when used as seasoning rather than the main dish, so I'll definitely have to have a look at Harpacrown.
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
Agreed.
I think this beautiful. It can't get more direct then this and the presentation that comes with it is excellent.

Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, David Thiel wrote:
I'd have to say that my current propless favourite is still 50:50 Fantasia by Iain Rowland. I have been playing around with it for months now and I still love it. What I am doing with it now is significantly different than what it started out being. But I love that it can be performed anywhere anytime and still gets that slack jawed "holy crap" look at the end. A remarkable effect. It's taught me a lot about everything from volunteer management to presentation.

David
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, David Thiel wrote:

David

I've brought up 50:50 Fantasia as a propless routine in several threads... Glad we agree! It is excellent, a true master class in creating huge entertainment entirely through language and timing.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I'm going to throw "Reverie" by Ottoemezzo (Vlad) into the mix !
Vlad, is a Café Member.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
rev_marcus
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of rev_marcus
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2016, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

I use a variation of the 4th as my opener for my stage show and for me it's worth the price. Verbalist I use in casual performances along with TH and Strange Oblique. TH, then Verbalist, then Strange Oblique is effectively a complete impromptu act. I use my star sign stacking that can be found in Harpacrown during Verbalist so in that phase I reveal both peoples star sign, who is lying, who is telling the truth and where the coin is. During Strange Oblique I will throw in some cold reading.

Ah while I think of it another great effect in this category is Rock Paper Lies by Jay DiBase.

Mark

Oh god so many things for me to buy!
Second Sight
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Second Sight
My best recent propless episode involves a combination of reddevil's invisible gemini with a slightly modified version of Seamus Maguire's Calibration.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
I agree with Second. Operation Gemini is a wonderful tool if you're into puzzle solving approaches. Completely propless.

I can't recommend Strange Oblique by Mark Elsdon or anything by Frase Parker (I got ouija and rose). These were the worst purchases I did in 16 years.
It's always better to check the reviews before...

Imbalance by Atlas Brookings is also a very nice propless murder mystery (the best imo) and Jermay's last DVD set have some updates on Touching on Hoy.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Propless. (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL