The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Bob Cassidy release, "Close-up killers" (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Tony Dixon
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Tony Dixon
I just heard of this from a penguin email, does anyone have any information about it?

http://penguinmagic.com/p/7494
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'm still in pretty poor shape but was surprised to see this myself. It was recorded nearly a year ago on contract and I didn't hear anything about it since.

Bob
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Do you have anything else coming out?

Ray
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I was one of the people to request a refund for Bob's Drawing Dupes after a very long wait because there was no communication at all. But I did purchase For Bob Cassidy and I am getting Close-up Killers as well. If it's Cassidy and I'm sure I recieve it when I order it, I want it. No doubt.
Bob, I hope you'll be better soon and I hope to get another chance to get my hands on your drawing dupes.
BTW, it's not easy to post a long message on this forum using a smartphone.

Bart
Tony Dixon
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Tony Dixon
Bob, would you be able to say anything about the 7 routines? Names, descriptions, that sort of stuff? I'm probably going to get this before midnight, but who doesn't like having a description of what you're getting?
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I understand where you're coming from Tony but, for me, certain creators have earned the right to be trusted. Cassidy performing close up in a bar and then teaching me all the subtleties? For $20? It's like seeing footage of Dylan with an acoustic back in the Village and then he gives you a private lesson!
A no-brainer, I believe is the term.
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
64 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
I will be picking this up just to add to my collection. Loved the lecture with p3 no doubt I'd enjoy this as well.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Agree with Martin, ordered as soon as I got the email...
I've asked to be banned
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
I must admit that I would also like a description of the 7 routines. The trailer show us card stuff which, even by a master, is not my cup of tea.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
I understand where you're coming from Tony but, for me, certain creators have earned the right to be trusted. Cassidy performing close up in a bar and then teaching me all the subtleties? For $20? It's like seeing footage of Dylan with an acoustic back in the Village and then he gives you a private lesson!

It is a No-Brainer..... I agree... That is what I did last time....

Ray
Twisted Mentat
View Profile
Regular user
Giedi Prime
147 Posts

Profile of Twisted Mentat
Each product must have a description. It does not matter who the author of this product. Comments such as "no-brainer" or "I ordered as soon as I saw" generally prevalent in hype.If you ordered a product and you watched it - leave calm and normal review.
Seung
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Seung
I just bought this because I loved Bob Cassidy's simplicity in his books. Only 11 minutes in but the wisdom is definitely there; the download is over 100 minutes and very detailed. THIS is a download that you watch then contemplate on it then watch it again.Overall, this is pure mentalism: cheap and simple but efficient (which is a great mentalist philosophy). Don't have to worry about props breaking or anything like that. As Bill says you can perform these with envelopes, paper, and marker. Of course and the ingenuity Bob offers. Great work Bob!
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:

Well put. I'll be getting this...
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2016, Twisted Mentat wrote:
Each product must have a description. It does not matter who the author of this product. Comments such as "no-brainer" or "I ordered as soon as I saw" generally prevalent in hype.If you ordered a product and you watched it - leave calm and normal review.

Of course it matters who the author is. It's Bob Cassidy performing his close up material in a bar environment. If this was Dunninger, Annemann, Canasta, Berglas or Brown performing in a bar I wouldn't care if they were doing the 21 card trick. It would be in my cart immediately. Same here.
Twisted Mentat
View Profile
Regular user
Giedi Prime
147 Posts

Profile of Twisted Mentat
Quote:
Quote:

Of course it matters who the author is. It's Bob Cassidy performing his close up material in a bar environment. If this was Dunninger, Annemann, Canasta, Berglas or Brown performing in a bar I wouldn't care if they were doing the 21 card trick. It would be in my cart immediately. Same here.

Please accept my condolences. You simple consumer rather than an performer.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Watching it now...the g*mm*ckl*ss dictionary test is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat...

just like Tony the Tiger...
I've asked to be banned
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
Quote:

That's it, same here. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Mindipulator
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
109 Posts

Profile of Mindipulator
The price on this doubles at midnight. Ordered and downloading.
It is going to be wonderful to see Bob working in closeup.
Tony Dixon
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Tony Dixon
Quote:

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of just buying something because it has a name on it. Actually, I dislike it entirely and often think it can be harmful (outside of the magic world think of people who buy an item just because it's a certain brand) to the market. I'm not saying Bob's work isn't great, I've ordered good products before and loved them, and I've found his work be be thought provoking. I don't expect the lack of description had anything to do with him at all, more so when he said he filmed it and hasn't heard anything for a year, and was penguins choice.

However I'm looking at a product, and I want to know it's the right one for me by what the product is, and not by who made it. The trailer (advert) wasn't anything special in my eyes, and didn't show very much at all (it did show 3/7 effects, but it was only the climaxes [weird word, is reveals better?]). I expect I'll get responses saying if I can't trust Bob not to bother, but I don't think that it's ridiculous to try and get more information before buying something (more so when there is little information available and a small window before a price jump)
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
Quote:
Quote:

Yup. If I get a chance to see someone of Bob's caliber perform his material I really don't have to think about it.
Bought!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Bob Cassidy release, "Close-up killers" (111 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL