The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A True Miracle. (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I notice Derren Brown's latest live stage show was broadcast last night in the UK, and yet no one on Penny is discussing it. Now that really is a Miracle!
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Haha, who is this Derren Brown ? I've never heard of him. Smile
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
64 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
They are all working or sleeping or so amazed that they can't get away from the tv. I'd have liked to be able to see it tho honestly. He is good at what h does. Plus it's entertaining.
Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
Some of us still need to wait for youtube upload :/ Derren keeps raising the bar over and over again, I'm really curious what he's got this time.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'd love to see it!!! Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I watched it and it was interesting, but I didn't enjoy it as much as previous ones. I think the format just didn't appeal to me as much. The best part of it was the healing section.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I think we're just over him.
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
I watched it and I definitely like it when he is more devious and clever rather than just mimicking something that has been done (I.e. Spirit cabinet, mediumship, healing) and it was also shorter than his other specials. Just my thoughts.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
64 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
I enjoyed up to the faith healing and then was meh about it. Still good just did not compel me to watch like others.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2016, minderX wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0GDe-aUJk

Thanks!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Watched it today.

Absolutely fantastic, and I actually loved the faith healing part.

Laughed out loud when I saw how he used the 100th m***** principle Smile
Reader discretion is advised.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Welcome back Martin. It's been a while. Good to see you.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, Michael Zarek wrote:
Watched it today.

Yes, the M*****y was a brilliant example of routining. That was Derren's thinking at its very best. And why he is still ahead of the pack, imho.

Hi Alwow. Thanks. Good to be able to spend some time dipping my toe back into the mentalism pond!
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
64 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, Michael Zarek wrote:
Watched it today.

Yes, the M*****y was a brilliant example of routining. That was Derren's thinking at its very best. And why he is still ahead of the pack, imho.

Hi Alwow. Thanks. Good to be able to spend some time dipping my toe back into the mentalism pond!

I come from a different kind of entertainment group but the mentality is the same from the majority, they feel the people at the top with their name out there are doing it wrong somehow and it's too much the "main" thing. It's funny to watch it here as well. He is doing amazing for himself and it's hard to accept towards the bottom for some.
Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
I don't know why but his stage persona has changed significantly, I mean his way of acting, speaking. He always manages to come up with new creative ideas and gives a lot to think about.

He made his healing miracles look so simple, his show is entertaining and educational. I still remember being preached that only true devil wants us to stop believing in god. Derren with all the previous shows perfectly fits in that role.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
His persona has undergone quite extreme shifts over time. He started out as a rather sombre, velvet-suited, test-conditions parlour mentalist, shifted into a cool, slightly dangerous, modern black clad psychologist, then became a witty, Victorian-style music hall mind-reader, before morphing into the current, tweed-jacketed, shaven-headed self-help guru and denouncer of flim-flam.
It's like the Beatles going from Love me Do to Pepper to Abbey Road.
Derren Brown -the Beatles of mentalists.
Colin johnson
View Profile
New user
Mishawaka, IN
64 Posts

Profile of Colin johnson
It's a good way to look at it. He finds a way to make what he wants to portray fits it to his persona. I'd love to make a trip to see him live someday.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
It's like the Beatles going from Love me Do to Pepper to Abbey Road.
Derren Brown -the Beatles of mentalists.

Some people say Derren has been dead since 2006 but he was replaced by a look-alike...
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
I enjoyed in thoroughly. 100th ****** part was awesome, he knows how to sell it like no one else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A True Miracle. (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL