The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anybody have a review for "Floating on the Edge" and "Wild Levitation" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BBM123
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
98 Posts

Profile of BBM123
Hello,
What do you think is more practical: The Wild Levitation, or Floating on the Edge(from Andrew Mayne's "Touching Sky." For FLOT(Floating on the Edge), you need st**rs to levitate. For the Wild Levitation, you don't.
What do you all think?
Thanks
MTaylor2002
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of MTaylor2002
I own Andrew Mayne's Pocket Levitator as well as Wild Levitation. The two effects are based on the same principle/technique but the latter uses a vastly superior gimmick. While I have not tried Mayne's Floating on Edge, I have a copy of “Touching Sky” and, based on the description (which is pretty clear), I would choose Wild Levitation without a second thought. A lot of folks frown on holding a jacket, cloth, etc., in front of you as you float, but if you're going to perform this type of self-levitation, Wild Levitation is the simplest, "cleanest" and most versatile. Not to mention that it's easy to forget you have the gimmick on and you don't need a staircase. For the money, I think WL is a good effect.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I would go with "King's Rising", you don't need to hold a jacket in front of you while floating!
Gerard
italianmagi90023
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of italianmagi90023
I have several levitation effects and the elevator or the plain old balducci is the way to go. Wild levitation has never worked out well for me....people just don't seem to buy it....I now use the gimmicks for other effects. Go with something you don't need cover for.

Mike
Matt Redd
View Profile
New user
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
63 Posts

Profile of Matt Redd
I personally think that with any levitation you are not going to be completely satisfied. They all have angle problems. I like the wild levitation myself, but I do agree with the problem about having a jacket in front of you. The balducci was the classic levitation, if you don't know it, learn it. Another variation of the balducci is called Zero Gravity, it is the balducci but it is done surrounded. You have to gimmick your own pair of shoes, but it does look good when performed. I wouldn't want to wear the shoes all the time though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Anybody have a review for "Floating on the Edge" and "Wild Levitation" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL