We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Coin & Pen Flurious for the Street (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
A very quick Pen & Coin routine...something I used to do ages ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9HCdYCsL4

A little too much, a little to fast....but I liked it...so I did it Smile

I used a Jumbo Sharpie which I felt was much more visual than the regular size often used. Also this was done at the very beginning to start a crowd build....to get some people interest in hard to build areas.

And yes, for those wondering, I'm definitely hooked on the pen I use, pun intended Smile

Max
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I love how smooth everything is, flowing from move to move. Thanks for the video.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Nice work Max!

Video is a horrible medium for our kind of magic. I'd love to see you do it live sometime.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Tjat was really cool. You must have done that a long time to get that smooth
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
The performances of Max are a delight to watch for their quality!
On my computer when I watch the video mentioned in Max's post and let it run to its conclusion and wait, my program moves onto another routine of Max's pen and coin, then onto a 3 Disk Monte he does. Worth chasing up Max's YouTube postings, for sure.
The presentation makes the magic.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Awww, shucks.....you guys are too nice. Smile

More of a ditch and retrieve routine. But I find if one enjoys doing something, the audience picks up on it and they like it too.

Ol' Max is no longer in his prime, but can still pull it off on occasion LOL.

ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
You can see when somebody is a magician when he can take an object and perform magic with it.

no ******** stories no difficult sleights nobody uses. just plan magic. that is what you exspect from a magician.

p.s. an he is a nice guy too. Max thanks mate.
Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
Really like your style. Personality, combined with your obvious love of (and dedication to) the "Art", delivers something quite rare and special.

Are you intending to work it into your show, perhaps replacing the cigarette routine, when you have a suitably rabid audience Smile

Thank you.
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Thanx Bodgit.

I did this routine for a bit a decade ago, as a replacement for my cig routine. Cigarettes were no longer cool, and I was getting some negativity and tried this. After a bit I went back to the cigs because although some people frowned on them....overall there was a better response with the cigarettes. Interesting subject for discussion.

Anyways, I came across the old Jumbo Sharpie last week while doing some other filming and couldn't resist filming this. There are some definite very rusty spots, timings off....but you get the gist. I'm a bit proud of what I was able to do by slightly modifying the Sharpie such that I could ditch and retrieve any time. I may start doing it again 'cause it's fun.

As for the cigarettes....I used cigars this year with some spagetti western music and it worked quite well. Everyone loves Clint Eastwood LOL.

ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Max did you tried to do it with pencils instead of sigarettes?
Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Heya Robert. Never tried pencils but played around with minature 3" magic wands for a bit.

For those interested.....Magicians like big ending/finale....I seldom ended my cig routine with a jumbo cig & lighter. The reason being is that I've always felt that Closure is the Street Performers enemy.

I preferred to finish with the cig/lighter gone...and then immediately ask to borrow a cig from an audience smoker (much easier years ago), borrow a jacket, and go into the burning Cig in Coat trick.

Otherwise people had seen seen a complete routine with a finale....and then tend to walk on/carry on with their business. Finishing with both items suddenly gone leaves them wondering where they went....and then by immediately lighting a cig and putting it into a spectators jacket....there is continuation....and drama. Nobody leaves.

Anyways I'm getting far too academic so early in the morning Smile
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Very good point Max. that is the buskers problem when he ends on a big finale. the show is over. Max when ever you are in europe let me know so we can meet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Coin & Pen Flurious for the Street (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL