The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHIPSWITCH by WAYNE FOX (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
89 Posts

Profile of Griflex
Thank you TuneHV for your simple answer to my simple question....Happy days Smile
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I'd love to get hold of Obliter8. Can't find stock anywhere.

I was at Saturn magic the other day and I'm pretty sure they had it in stock.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I know that Mark purchased this at Blackpool last year. AFAIK this was a WMS exclusive which has now sold out. Thanks though Chris.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Chipswitch looks amazing , even moves are very bold but they are covered very well .
Any US dealer sells it?
Thanks
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
One issue with this that you may want to consider is that while the effect and gimmick are really good, you are going to need a way to routine this into your set unless you do it as a stand alone item. That becomes harder when you realize that you likely won't be able to find poker chips that match the gimmick you receive. A small point but one to consider none the less.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Kaliix,
I don't own this, but I suspect that the chips at the end are not gimmicked. I could see doing more than one effect with the items. For example, I do an un-gimmicked three coins across. You could also put a sticker on the bottom of one of the chips and use it in a card trick for a revelation. Show "both" sides of the chip, place it in their hands and do a card trick with the chip as collateral if you get it wrong. Put the chip at their fingertips and close their hand so the chip turns over.

lots of ideas come to mind.

KJ0
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I'm not sure if it comes with the ungaffed chips, too, but the image in the video looks a lot like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Suited-11-5-......00ZM07A6
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Yeah, sorry, I own it and it does come with four ungimmicked chips. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I should know better than to post quick... Smile Smile Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks for the clarification, Kaliix.
KJ
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
You're welcome. If I'm wrong I try to admit it and not make the same mistake twice.

I think what I was trying to say is that if you have other chips that you use that are gaffed or you use the newest Sucker Punch gimmicks, you will have to justify why you are bringing out different chips. On the video, Wayne says it is better to do an effect with the chips prior to performing Chipswitch. Clearly it didn't come out that way though.

Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, Kaliix.
KJ
~Daniel J. Boorstin
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I purchased this about a year ago. The routine is great. I first saw it on a Michael Vincent video using a coin gaff and thought it was wonderful.

But I was unhappy with the gaff. As tonsofquestions points out, the image in the add shows beautiful, deep blue chips.

The gaff I received is made of light blue/gray chips. They look cheap rather than vibrant like the image

There were scratches on the gaff presumably where it was held during the production.

As Kaliix states, it will be difficult to match the chips.

Just my experience.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHIPSWITCH by WAYNE FOX (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL