The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magnifying glass (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmanu
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magicmanu
Hi
i want start to creat a new Routine with magnifiying glasses a Close up act and iam looking now for some sources for Inspiration I don't wana duplicate an act just looking for some ideas

is there anything out there right now using magnifying glasses ?

thx in advance

and sorry for my bad english Smile
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
442 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
You could do something where you change the size of an object or changing a card out to a small card?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I recall a trick a few years ago that used a magnifying glass to turn an ordinary US copper penny into a jumbo size copper penny. I don't recall who made it or sold it, however.

In my Torn and Restored Comic Book effect in Kid Show Magic on the Magic Nook, Qua-Fiki had a clever addition that I documented in which he used a magnifying glass to show the audience a spectator's signature on the comic page before tearing it up, and then again afterwards when the page was restored, only then it was being used as misdirection to dispose of some stuff. The concept would apply to torn and restored signed cards as well.
Bill Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Bill Thomas
"I recall a trick a few years ago that used a magnifying glass to turn an ordinary US copper penny into a jumbo size copper penny. I don't recall who made it or sold it, however."

This is a great trick by, Gregory Wilson, called, Dishonest Abe.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
My "Optical Delusionator", which is used to make the Forgetful Whomever's head visibly shrink to about the size of a silver dollar, just before disappearing in a flash of fire, uses a flat magnifying plastic sheet that makes the Forgetful character's head smaller, not larger, which has those in the audience who realize you are using a magnifying sheet (aka Fresnel Lens) scratch their heads in wonder. It's found in my Hardboard and Duct Tape Book 1 on the Magic Nook.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magnifying glass (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL