The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jiggernaut by Mark Jenest (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I've decided on talking about how I used to help the family business. Since I wasn't able to serve the beverages, I was the one who was testing the people who might have had too much to drink. Then I would just go into the normal patter. Thanks for the help everyone.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Good idea.
Paulbmx12345
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Paulbmx12345
This doesn't really have to do with patter but I found A jigger and some artificial olives at the dollar store and got a cork from my friend and made my own "jiggernaut" set up for under $3
" Why, Mr. Anderson, why? Why, why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is, do you even know? Is it freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
In regards to the possibility of insulting alcoholics: do NOT do this routine at an AA meeting and you'll be fine! Smile Good grief. Now I want a cold beer!
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
To Paulbmx12345,

I am assuming that you have done the "right thing" and forwarded a payment to Mr. Jenest for his routine even though you purchased the items at a "non-magic shop".

Food for thought.

Regards,

Paul Green
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Agreed Paul. I have bought several tricks to, as I say, "Pay the Rent" from makers/dealers, even though someone taught the trick to me and I could make up my own.

The latest was "Torched and Restored."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Pete is on the right track here. However, I should point out that Mark Jenest is not the first to come up with a routine using one of these double jiggers. The late Ren Clark had one that he performed for years. I don't know whether it was published during his lifetime, but I do know that it was to be in his book, Ren Clark's World of Magic.

I still have the manuscript of that book. I was the editor.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
The late Ren Clark had one that he performed for years.

Imam used to perform a nice routine behind the bar with a jigger as well at Mostly Magic this is going back at least 25 years ago.

Mike
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That would be contemporaneous with Ren's routine. I know Ren had done it for years when he passed away. He died in 1991, but had been unable to do much close-up magic that required any real technique for about a dozen years before that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I love the jiggernaut routine, it is my favorite cup&ball trick.

Also for underage performers or audience you could use plastic cherries, dollar bills, my favorite is pink silly putty...you say it's A.B.C. gum. hehe

And if you are a bargain hunter like me you could make your own for under $5. You can also make fake olives like this...

plastic grapes. Cut a small hole at the mouth of the grape, insert into grape a chunk of red sponge ball. Instant olive. I don't remember where I found this info, but I searched google ta find it. I typed in 'fake olives'.

Have fun!
Johnny Mystic
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jiggernaut by Mark Jenest (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL