The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Randi Collectibles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
If you collect material on Randi, you may be interested in this. I have a package of Randi's publicity material that dates back to the around the mid sixties. This package includes a number of 8" x 10" glossies, both black and white and color..some are action photo's, newspaper articles, posters, fliers, etc. There are 18 pieces in total and this package would make a great addition to your collection.
I think this package is rather rare and will be priced accordingly. If you have any interest please contact me by e mail. Thanks and as always,

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Randy (ops I misspelled the septics name) exposes secrets. Magicians shouldn't support that kind of activity.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Quote:
On 2002-07-11 20:48, Megatherion wrote:
Hi,

Randy (ops I misspelled the septics name) exposes secrets. Magicians shouldn't support that kind of activity.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile

That's why I'm making the publicity package available. You should all know however that this package is from the days prior to JR's crusade. He was booking himself as an Escape
Artist and Magician only.
And BTW Dan, I've been around long enough to know what Randi's about...no need to preach to the converted.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana

Smile
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I support Randi. Any time Randi reveals a secret it is for a good reason.

,Kyle Browning
dorbolo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of dorbolo
Dan,

I saw Randi perform/lecture last week. He did expose the rising matchbox. And he tried to expose psychokinetic time. I was the participant with the watch. What amazed me was that even though he clearly explained the method -- numerous people from the audience came up to me afterwards to express their theories (i.e. that I was a confederate; that the watch was gimmicked; etc.) What an eye-opener. Randi spent 10 minutes explaining how easy it is to deceive using misdirection. He performed the watch pkt twice and explained the method twice. Still, people did not get it. Incredibe.

Randi bent spoons, did some card magic and some manipuation magic which he did not expose. I was relieved that the metal bending went unscathed -- even though he did tell everyone that it is just a trick.

The bottom line is that it does not seem to matter. He showed a clip from Johnny Carson where he performs and debunks a psychic surgery. He said that after the broadcast, hundreds of people called asking for info on how to reach the "psychic healer".

From what I've experienced and read, I think that James Randi does not fit the profile of a magic exposer. The context of his expose matters greatly.

In good spirit,

Jon
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Randi doesnt expose magic, he exposes frauds, ie. Gellar. Randi is a crusader against fraud. Go read his website get educated! http://www.randi.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Randi Collectibles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL