The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Limited Deluxe Edition Conscious Magic Episode 1 with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1892 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I had the pleasure to have an early copy of this DVD and I love everything about it.
I love the way they explain the effects and then focus on the "whys" which sometimes is more important than the "hows".
Just by watching it, you get the feeling that there was a lot of love in its production.
I think that even if you are familiar with T-Rex and Real World, you are still going to love seeing the creators performing and deconstructing the effects.
I was familiar with both of the effects and still loved it Smile
This edition is limited.

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=58556

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I just came across this over at https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......sode-1/#

While watching the trailer I too got the impression that much love went in to the production. Obtaining T-Rex for just about half the original cost plus two more FAAANtastic versions of classic effects...

SURVEY SAYS... SOLD!

CONGRATULATIONS and Thank You, Andrew and Ran!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Does Ran cover T rex as well as he does in the previous release? Is there any differences?
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
916 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
This is a really great project that I feel many performers will benefit from!

The effects taught are direct and hard-hitting. Each effect is filmed in a real-world scenario and then explained by AG and Ran.

The DVD is filmed with a lovely "casual and raw" feel to it. AG and Ran discuss all the finer details (the why and how) that go into the effects. You will be inspired to get out there and start performing these effects as soon as possible!

I cannot wait for the rest of the DVD's in this series.

HIGHLY recommended.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1408 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Love this project! I want to endorse it without trying to flog it... Buy it from anywhere, pick a dealer, any dealer.. but just get it...
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1036 Posts

Profile of John Carey
So I was fortunate to get a sneak peek at this project of Andrew and Ran's. The two effects are outstanding and the detail they go into with all the nuances and subtleties are fantastic. It's like being at a private session with two of the best minds in the business. I simply cannot speak highly enough of this project.

John Carey
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Hey John, which two? You didn't see the third effect?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1036 Posts

Profile of John Carey
The ootw and T Rex. I was sent a private link by Mr Gerard.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1600 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Really looking forward to watching this, and I don't get excited over much these days Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Theo
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Theo
I like both Andrew and Ran's work but T Rex is already out there and I am using it - got the book and DVD,
so it is difficult to see what's new at the price. I would have expected some groundbreaking stuff for a first joint release. I hope I am wrong.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1101 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I've been following Ran and Andrew's work on this project since it's inception.

Andrew's real world is a fantastic "no moves" version of the classic, and it's so simple you'll be able to do it immediately.

Ran's teaching of T Rex is worth more than the price of this project alone, you'll see him perform it in real time in multiple settings. It's the easiest and best center tear there is!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
866 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
The Limited Deluxe Edition includes a genuine set of Loops®.....

So is there thread work involved in these effects or is this just a bonus?
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Barry Gitelson wrote:
The Limited Deluxe Edition includes a genuine set of Loops®.....

So is there thread work involved in these effects or is this just a bonus?

Look at the bonus effect.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
866 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Ahh. Thanks. Did not have a clue from the limited description.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1322 Posts

Profile of barts185
Since the number of loops that are in a set has varied, how many loops are in the set which comes with this?
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
748 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, barts185 wrote:
Since the number of loops that are in a set has varied, how many loops are in the set which comes with this?

There are 8 loops barts185

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Just received my copy and haven't had the chance to watch the entire DVD yet. 15min in and love it so far! Every effect in this DVD are definitely workers and going into my repertoire. I hope they come out with volume 2 soon!

Confirming that the set of Loops provided comes with 8.

Cheers,

Alex
CL
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
73 Posts

Profile of CL
This is a great set. Both effects and the bonus are very well presented and provide insights on these well known effects/methods. T-Rex is my new favorite.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1600 Posts

Profile of celebrity
So, I have been meaning to write my thoughts on this project for a while now but have been short on time of late.

Firstly I would like to mention the approach and styling of this project. These guys are obviously close friends and the relaxed, conversational nature of the tutorials made this enjoyable to watch all of the way through in one sitting.

The fact that these guys know each others material inside out also allowed them to prompt and steer the explanations when something noteworthy had perhaps been missed out by the other. In this respect the explanations were not only thorough in a technical sense, but also on a psychological level too.

The physical material covered was short in content but I certainly didn't see that as a negative since the quality of both the effects and the teaching on those that were included were so high. These days I rarely look at DVDs to find new material to use in performance but instead prefer to take away new thinking and in this respect, the level of thought, nuances and thinking paid off in spades. That said I will probably give each of the effects a whirl at some point down the line too.

The highlight for me personally was watching Ran Pink work his "T-Rex" his approach and technique were flawless and the reactions were as real as it gets. Even though I knew exactly what he was doing (as I own his amazing book on the subject) to see it in action is a thing of beauty.

All in all I highly recommend this and am very excited to see the follow up.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
185 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
It looks very interesting.

About T-Rex, is it finally necessary or useful to read the book and watch the first video that came with it?

Or getting this new dvd edition summarize the all thing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Limited Deluxe Edition Conscious Magic Episode 1 with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL