The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Limited Deluxe Edition Conscious Magic Episode 1 with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BCE
AG is really 0-for-2 with me when it comes to OOTW. First with his non-explanation on the Scryer DVD, and now this. I could not disagree more that it's a thorough explanation. It's not. And having the explanation switch to BLACK & WHITE when by definition the effect is based on COLOR? Really? They both work in the arts -- somebody in post-production should have flagged them and said, "Uh, guys? Should the explanation segment really be in black & white?" Given the apparent lack of any 'what if's' in the explanation, seeing for myself the 'meat and potatoes' - in color - of the effect would have helped to at least re-trace his steps.

I did attempt to road-test based on AG's "explanation." Including the scripting. It didn't work.

Theo's comment above is an accurate reflection of how I feel about this DVD. I do know RP's stuff has been far more reliable for me.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
959 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2016, celebrity wrote:
So, I have been meaning to write my thoughts on this project for a while now but have been short on time of late.

Firstly I would like to mention the approach and styling of this project. These guys are obviously close friends and the relaxed, conversational nature of the tutorials made this enjoyable to watch all of the way through in one sitting.

The fact that these guys know each others material inside out also allowed them to prompt and steer the explanations when something noteworthy had perhaps been missed out by the other. In this respect the explanations were not only thorough in a technical sense, but also on a psychological level too.

The physical material covered was short in content but I certainly didn't see that as a negative since the quality of both the effects and the teaching on those that were included were so high. These days I rarely look at DVDs to find new material to use in performance but instead prefer to take away new thinking and in this respect, the level of thought, nuances and thinking paid off in spades. That said I will probably give each of the effects a whirl at some point down the line too.

The highlight for me personally was watching Ran Pink work his "T-Rex" his approach and technique were flawless and the reactions were as real as it gets. Even though I knew exactly what he was doing (as I own his amazing book on the subject) to see it in action is a thing of beauty.

All in all I highly recommend this and am very excited to see the follow up.

Best Wishes Michael

Thanks to Michael and everyone for the response from CM ep1

Both Ran and I are so excited to get Episode 2 out to you in the coming weeks!
We are doing our best to give you as much of our insights to the effects as possible.

best thoughts
AG
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, A.G. wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2016, celebrity wrote:
So, I have been meaning to write my thoughts on this project for a while now but have been short on time of late.

Firstly I would like to mention the approach and styling of this project. These guys are obviously close friends and the relaxed, conversational nature of the tutorials made this enjoyable to watch all of the way through in one sitting.

The fact that these guys know each others material inside out also allowed them to prompt and steer the explanations when something noteworthy had perhaps been missed out by the other. In this respect the explanations were not only thorough in a technical sense, but also on a psychological level too.

The physical material covered was short in content but I certainly didn't see that as a negative since the quality of both the effects and the teaching on those that were included were so high. These days I rarely look at DVDs to find new material to use in performance but instead prefer to take away new thinking and in this respect, the level of thought, nuances and thinking paid off in spades. That said I will probably give each of the effects a whirl at some point down the line too.

The highlight for me personally was watching Ran Pink work his "T-Rex" his approach and technique were flawless and the reactions were as real as it gets. Even though I knew exactly what he was doing (as I own his amazing book on the subject) to see it in action is a thing of beauty.

All in all I highly recommend this and am very excited to see the follow up.

Best Wishes Michael

Thanks to Michael and everyone for the response from CM ep1

Both Ran and I are so excited to get Episode 2 out to you in the coming weeks!
We are doing our best to give you as much of our insights to the effects as possible.

best thoughts
AG

Just please stay away from any OOTW and I'll be happy. Looking forward to the next one. At least I hope I am.
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
Hi thx guys for your helpfull comments.
I am totally new to really learn any of the CT's at all. I#ve read about the principle and know the basic idea, but...
How difficult is it? To learn it flawless...
How bold do You have to be Smile ?
I am courious about Your experienced answer..thx in forward

The DVD is very pleasing.

Leslie
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
I don't care if there is some duplication between this and Ran's previous T-Rex book and DVD which I have.
I was assuming this was a new shoot with extended thoughts and footage. Is that right? Or is most of Ran's explanation
and performance video the same as on the book's DVD?
Many thanks.
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback.

The Conscious Magic series has been a long time in the making. Andrew and I are both thrilled that so many of you are following this project.
Episode 2 is ready for release and will be on the shelves at the end of this month and as I'm writing this Andrew is at my place in LA sitting next to me compiling ideas and footage for Episode 3.

On a personal note, this has been an amazing experience for me working with Andrew. As many of you know he is regarded as one of the most creative minds in magic and mentalism and was awarded the Dave Lederman Award for Creativity by the PEA this year.
I've incorporated many of his ideas into my routines and he has made me a better performer and we hope that this kind of thinking which he calls "The Process" inspires everyone to be more conscious of what we perform, how we perform it, and most importantly... why.

It was really nice waking up this morning to the Wizard Product review awarding Conscious Magic "Worker of The Week". Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_BtZSu-aeY

Wizard Product Review didn't get to the bonus effect Optika, which is why we included a set of Loops® and I personally use it all the time to approach a group of people in any setting.

For those asking about my previous center tear releases, this project allows you guys to see T-Rex in action will all the subtleties and handling in the real world for a variety of audiences in all kinds of settings. I also teach my T-Rex handling with Post-It notes for the first time.

All the best,

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Where was Gerard's version of OOTW published in before this project?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3647 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Paul Harris box set from several years ago
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, emyers99 wrote:
Paul Harris box set from several years ago

That's what they said on the WPR, but the OOTW in True Astonishments was "Dunn's Deal." by Shaun Dunn. Andrew Gerard's version must have been somewhere else.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I have the TA box set and I am not sure it is on there Bugjack is correct, Dunn's Deal is on that project. This is why I am interested in where it was published.
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Hey Guys,

Real World has never been published or released before.
Up until now only a handful of people have known about this version of OOTW. It is a Conscious Magic exclusive.
We just learned that the Limited Edition of episode 1 with bonus set of Loops is almost sold out. Smile

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2827 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I thoroughly enjoyed Conscious Magic Episode 1. Andrew and Ran are exceptionally talented and CM showcased both their skills as performers as well as their ingenuity. It was great to see them performing for live audiences and to experience their synergy when they worked together to explain the genesis and methods for their routines. I even learned a tip or two that I'll apply to my favorite CT. Great work guys, can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
I really enjoyed this!! Ran is awesome to watch in action, the thing I found beautiful is seeing how his psychological 'cancellation' of what was written takes root in the mind of his participants. At the time of their mind being read the paper has become psychologically invisible which deepens the reaction due to it now feeling like what just happened had to be 'mind to mind' communication.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
916 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
Great project by two great Magi.

Thanks for sharing this with the magic world guys!

If you are sitting on the fence about this product...jump...now!

:-)
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1364 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Loved it !
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Real World has a couple of major discrepancies, I prefer the structure of the original OOTW but some of AGs tips are ok.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I LOVE Real World. The project is great. I already owned T-Rex and this project is a no-brainer if one does not own it. And even if they do, this project is so casual and it is great seeing Andrew and Ran discuss things in this manner. I cannot wait for Episode 2.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1818 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Limited Deluxe Edition Conscious Magic Episode 2:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22224
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3541 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Advertised on this is something called Optika. Can anyone describe what this is?

KJ
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3647 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Bonus floating bill effect. I actually liked it better than his version of OOTW. Very basic handling that I can see playing very well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Limited Deluxe Edition Conscious Magic Episode 1 with Ran Pink and Andrew Gerard (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL