The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WINK - New Effect! (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
261 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Yes, thank you all who commented.
Placed my order today for WINK.
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Sounds good to me, might have to take the plunge - nice to see some refreshing new takes on magic
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2016, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Mine came in today. I'm getting use to the handling but this is some pretty slick stuff. I'll give it a review once I get out and use it this weekend.

Are you able to give us a review?

Rich
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its easy handling, its probably what you think it is, nicely and clearly explained...

You get a fair few gimmicks and stuff to create your own. A few different handlings are included. Angles will be somewhat of an issue, but easily managed. What you see in the demo is what truly happens. No set up of the object is needed. all done 'live'...

And yes, you can adapt this to crystal balls if you adapt the sizing of the gimmick or make your own.

Works on wheat beers, blondes, maybe even some darker ones, but not too dark...a saison maybe...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
I did it with La Trappe Quadruple yesterday.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Anyone who bought wink:

Can you post a review on the wink page on vanishing Inc?

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/wink/

A few of you have left reviews here, but people browsing the site don't get to see your helpful input.

Thank you all who are willing to leave feed back!
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Thank you, Iain. This does look good and I'm sure I'll end up getting it. It looks practical and good for restaurant work. However, having - like most of us, I'm sure - a 'magic drawer' full of unused gimmicks which looked good before I bought them, only to end up proving impractical or disappointing in some way, it would be good to see a few more reviews. (In other words, I want people to spend their hard-earned money before I spend mine! Smile)

Rich
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2016, r99h wrote:
Thank you, Iain. This does look good and I'm sure I'll end up getting it. It looks practical and good for restaurant work. However, having - like most of us, I'm sure - a 'magic drawer' full of unused gimmicks which looked good before I bought them, only to end up proving impractical or disappointing in some way, it would be good to see a few more reviews. (In other words, I want people to spend their hard-earned money before I spend mine! Smile)

Rich

I have it I have been using it a ton the last two weeks. We have had people over to try out the wine that we picked up from a wine tasting so plenty of chances to work this. Like I said earlier it is as clean as it looks on the video. I have made up a few of my own so I can use it for different things. The get ready and clean up are simple. The angles are good if you know how to watch the one bad one. I keep working it with dark sodas and beers to see how deep I can go. This is great for strolling work, bars, and weddings.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2016, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
I have it I have been using it a ton the last two weeks. We have had people over to try out the wine that we picked up from a wine tasting so plenty of chances to work this. Like I said earlier it is as clean as it looks on the video. I have made up a few of my own so I can use it for different things. The get ready and clean up are simple. The angles are good if you know how to watch the one bad one. I keep working it with dark sodas and beers to see how deep I can go. This is great for strolling work, bars, and weddings.

Thank you, Matthew. That's very useful.

This seems to be a real winner and definitely something I can use. I can't believe there's not more interest in it, both here and on Vanishing Inc's website - unless people are buying it and keeping it to themselves!

Rich
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 13, 2016, r99h wrote:

Thank you, Matthew. That's very useful.

This seems to be a real winner and definitely something I can use. I can't believe there's not more interest in it, both here and on Vanishing Inc's website - unless people are buying it and keeping it to themselves!

Rich

I have shared it with a group of magicians who do lets say different magic. I think why there might not be that much interest is a few reasons. People who have it are keeping under the radar because it is as clean as it looks. People are staying awy from it because they think that there is no way it is as clean as it looks, or people are not sure how to work it into their sets.

Honestly I think it is a strong bit of kit to have. For those looking to add a little mental magic to their strolling set or a special one off item when you have just a few people around. This is a very organic thing to get into, and I dislike calling magic organic. You really don't have to reach for a way to plug this into a causal situation like some are want to do with magic. I think this is just a nice little quick effect because it is not the magician who is performing magic but it is a spectator who is getting to share a moment with the magician to become part of the magic for everyone else. I have always felt when you let the magic happen through the spectator it becomes a strong moment.
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
I have shared it with a group of magicians who do lets say different magic. I think why there might not be that much interest is a few reasons. People who have it are keeping under the radar because it is as clean as it looks. People are staying awy from it because they think that there is no way it is as clean as it looks, or people are not sure how to work it into their sets.

Honestly I think it is a strong bit of kit to have. For those looking to add a little mental magic to their strolling set or a special one off item when you have just a few people around. This is a very organic thing to get into, and I dislike calling magic organic. You really don't have to reach for a way to plug this into a causal situation like some are want to do with magic. I think this is just a nice little quick effect because it is not the magician who is performing magic but it is a spectator who is getting to share a moment with the magician to become part of the magic for everyone else. I have always felt when you let the magic happen through the spectator it becomes a strong moment.

Well said. I agree wholeheartedly.

I understand that people would want to keep this to themselves; not so much their wanting to keep it from other magicians, but in battling the exposure we too often see on YouTube. It seems a shame, though, for the creators of such good effects that their products are not more widely praised in order to allow them to better benefit financially from their hard work. It seems that what they gain in one way, they lose in another. C'est la vie!

Thank you once again, Matthew, for sharing your thoughts. I will definitely be getting this.

Rich
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Something else that might be hurting it is on Penguin someone posted that it can not be done with a borrowed glass.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Thank you to those who have left reviews, it really does help. I hope the reviews that other people have left speak for themselves, but we (just like you) want to get this in the hands of all the magicians who could use it. We always try to keep the price affordable, but any amount of money spent on another trick in the junk drawer is too much. So Darryl and I Will be constantly checking this thread and offering answers to any questions that anybody has about wink. If you feel your question should not be posted in the public area, don't hesitate to send pm. We really believe in this trick, and don't want you to think there is any fake hype about it.

Thank you so much to everyone who has already purchased wink, and a huge thank you to those who also left A review !
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
Quote:
Something else that might be hurting it is on Penguin someone posted that it can not be done with a borrowed glass.

I just checked the reviews on penguin, and I didn't see it. Maybe somehow it got taken down? I do hope so, because this definitely can be done with a borrowed wine glass.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 13, 2016, I.M.Wright wrote:
Quote:

I just checked the reviews on penguin, and I didn't see it. Maybe somehow it got taken down? I do hope so, because this definitely can be done with a borrowed wine glass.

It is the question section not the review. They just posted my review for it. I down voted the wrong answer though.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2250 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I will give this a review soon.

I just got the DVD on Saturday.

More later......

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2250 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys

So I received the DVD and have seen everything.

The DVD is 31 minutes approximately and both Daryls go over everything you need to know to do this effect.

You get enough gimmicks, so that is not a problem.

They teach you the handling, and alternate tips as well.

You can also make up your own gimmicks if you want as well.

No stone is left unturned, and these guys know how to teach.

I like the fact that you can do this with a wine glass or even a water bottle as well.

The effect is quick, stunning, and they also go over what not to do, angles, etc, etc.

This is a great effect, that you can carry around with you and perform at a moments notice.

You get to pick and choose what you want to do, especially for the reveal.

Congrats on a great practical effect.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2470 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
How involved is it to make a gimmick and how detailed can that gimmick be? I have a routine I'm considering this for but I would have to be able to show a sort of image, like a creature, for it to work as I currently imagine it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 15, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
How involved is it to make a gimmick and how detailed can that gimmick be? I have a routine I'm considering this for but I would have to be able to show a sort of image, like a creature, for it to work as I currently imagine it.

Sending you a PM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WINK - New Effect! (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL