The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WINK - New Effect! (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
There are snakes & elephant gimmicks included already. Maybe that's the wrong creature though?
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2016, I.M.Wright wrote:
There are snakes & elephant gimmicks included already. Maybe that's the wrong creature though?

Honestly I thought the snakes were an ESP symbol.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
They serve a dual purpose. For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, they are 3 snakes in a wavy lines esp pattern
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
It said in the ad copy that it was taught on the DVD how to make the gimmick. I didn't see it. Did I miss something??
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

I didn't see it on the DVD but as soon as you open the package you should know how to make them.
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
958 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2016, ldl1017 wrote:
It said in the ad copy that it was taught on the DVD how to make the gimmick. I didn't see it. Did I miss something??

I think after you seeing them, you can make your own customized gimmick.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I'm not certain what's the purpose of the spider webbing in and around the images.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I know what the gimmick is made from, but I to am wondering about the "spider webbing". It would have been nice to have the creators input on this.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

They talked about the spiderweb looming stuff on the dvd
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I'll watch that part again but I remember them addressing it but no explaining the why it's there. I could be wrong.

Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Well think about it. It looks like something just poofed into the glass so it would have a bit of smoke/magic/eather around it. Like Nightcrawler in those first X-Men movies.
I.M.Wright
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of I.M.Wright
We wanted the images to look like ink in water. The ink make whisps of spider web kind of designs. It is in such a way though, if you don't care for them, you may cut them off. We really like them
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
That makes sense. I guess what threw me was cutting the "webs" off so close to the image. I think I will be leaving some webbing on around the image. The ink should be spreading in all directions, not just inside the image. IMHO

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2108 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: Wink
Creator: The Other Brothers
Publisher: Vanishing Inc.
MSRP: $ 20
Skill Level: intermediate
DVD Run time: 31 minutes

Type of effect: thought of reveal

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Wink is a stunning way to reveal a card, thought-of number, initials, and more. See the trailer to experience just how magical Wink will look. Staring right through a wine glass, an eerie message appears and then vanishes without a trace.

The Other Brothers provide everything you need to perform this effect. Use any wine glass or bottle of water. The performance is easy to learn and use, and it's an effect that is ideal for any venue or event that has wine glasses on tabletops.

Easy to perform
Complete with gimmicks for revealing cards, ESP symbols and more
Learn how to make your own gimmicks
Many versions and ideas taught on the DVD
The perfect (almost) impromptu bar trick

Complete with gimmicks and DVD. Running time: 30 mins. approx.

How accurate is the ad copy? It says ‘Learn how to make your own gimmicks’ but that was not taught on the DVD

What's in the box? DVD and gimmicks

Key points: Carry the gimmick with you in your wallet and be ready to go at a moment's notice!

How are the production values: It’s mostly the Brothers standing behind a home bar performing to a stationary camera. No performances of the actual effect at all. I don’t think either of them are mic’d. There were a few close up shots for detail.

Is it well made: the gimmicks are made well, and once you see them, you may have an idea about how you would make your own.

Is it well taught: the Brothers do spend a good deal of time teaching you the particulars of this effect.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): this is a good bar / party effect that can be a real killer in the right situation

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" could not be any flatter

Does it "play big?" this has an almost ‘crystal ball’ type effect that could be very strong if performed well

Difficulty / Skill level required: because this trick does involve loads, ditches, creative forcing and a strong degree of audience management, I would say this effect is reserved for intermediate to advanced level magicians.

How much arts and crafts are involved? Very little.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) this is going to be a tough one to practice. I would suggest you perform it for a confederate until you feel confident and have worked out all of your angles.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
X Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

I really wish I had a performance video on this, the effect I feel plays a lot stronger with a wine glass than a labelless water bottle. So as a performer it’s not really my “style” of effect

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYJiE1NbUA​
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of academy
I believe the concept of having a wine glass transformed in a cristal ball is a very interesting idea. Anyway I hope someone can work on this idea to obtain a spookier effect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WINK - New Effect! (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL