The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gary Jones LIVE: Sunday Nov 6th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Gary Jones LIVE: Sunday Nov 6th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) SUPPORT LIVE MAGIC.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7501

"Every time I meet up with Gary he fools the heck out of me!" - Cameron Francis

"Gary has the ability to simplify the hardest of effects, and creates really workable and highly commercial magic." - Dave Forrest

"One of the best lectures I've ever seen." - Chris Williams

What will he teach?
Coin to Spectator's Pockets - Repeat body loading technique
Curzon Aces - Comedy effect with a strong climax
6 Cards to Pocket - The last card problem has been fixed
On Your Face - A comedy take to a Paul Harris classic
Interlace - This one catches magicians
Pocket/Pocket/Pocket - A signed selection jumps to three different pockets, and more...
Top Con -Gary’s convincing card control to the top of the deck!!
OOSOOM - Gary's thought of cards deck fully explained
Thoughts - Think of a card special deck fully explained
Not Chosen/Best magician in the World - Easy to make trick decks
3C - Coins appear in fire, vanish, and then all end up in the pocket
Coins Across/Tosheroon - A lesson in getting one ahead
Rock/Paper/Scissors - Strong mentalism routine which is 100% self-working
34/65 - A multiple climax self-working mental routine
Fire Cups - The easiest cups and balls routine…..Ever!
Melt - The image of a selected card appears on spectator's own phone
Metal Sheep - A modern take on a classic, a new handling...all the coins are examined
Coin Bend Plus - A self-working coin bend and other applications
Bag4Life - A self-working coin penetration of a clear bag
Dobson's Choice - A super easy Free Will type effect
Floss - A borrowed ring tied to a length of dental floss penetrates
Ring and Pins - A borrowed ring is placed onto a marked safety pin, it jumps onto an unmarked pin, super easy to do

Who is he?
Gary has travelled the world performing at Corporate Events, Private Parties, Conferences, Weddings and Product Launches in London, Paris, Madrid, Casablanca, Lisbon, Marbella, Nice, Barcelona and Seville. Gary is also the resident Magician at The Thurlestone Hotel for the seventh year, and has been one of the three resident magicians at the Brend Hotel Group for the last 25 years. Gary is a member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star.

Gary has produced many DVDs and effects, iCandy, Dupes and the current Automata series to name but a few.

Gary’s lecture will cover close-up magic, cabaret and mentalism, and will be a mix of sleight of hand and many self-working but very strong effects. Gary will also discuss his techniques for misdirection, how to routine effects and give a talk on pocket management and valuable tips on how to survive as a full-time magician.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am VERY much looking forward to this. Gary is one of my favorite performers.
KJ
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
I am VERY much looking forward to this. Gary is one of my favorite performers.
KJ

+1!
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
I know that I am known as a big friend of Gary's (I am), but I know all of the material mentioned above and if you don't add at least 1 item from this lecture that you will use, I will be absolutely astonished.

Great magic by one of the best workers I know.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I've had the pleasure of watching Gary lecture a couple of times......definitely recommended.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I have most of Gary's stuff already, but even so, this one is a definite for me. Gary seems like a top bloke who puts out great effects and is a good teacher to boot.

Charlie
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Have talked to Gary a few times on the phone but unfortunately, I ain't met him yet.

Can't wait to meet him though. I think I have almost everything that he has released.

I could say that he is one of the best working close up workers in Britain but that would not be true.

I should really say that he is one of the best close up workers IN THE WORLD & that is not an understatement.

This man knows what works & why it works. He has the skill & a knack for the changes that need to be done when working for real people under pressure.

He is also very funny & entertaining & he has the likeability factor.

Like a good actor you just can't stop watching him & listening to him when he talks.

Plus he will fool you & you will like HIS take on things.

I think 90% of what he is doing on this release I have seen BUT IT'S MR JONES SO I WILL BE WATCHING & LEARNING.

I am sure that once Gary is seen on this he will have many new fans in the magic world.

Coins to spectators pocket is SO GOOD & so easy to do & his 6 cards to pocket is the BEST VERSION ever.

There are so many effects on here that I have used on a regular basis during my paid shows. What am I talking about ha, all of my events are paid shows, but you get the idea.
Looking forward to this.

Mike Donoghue
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Well I have just paid for this.

Looking forward to seeing Mr Jones work again.

Mike Donoghue
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Gary Jones is one of the great workers out there in the trenches every day.
This should definitely be a good one.
Can't imagine not getting at least a couple useable ideas from this and more likely several.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Gary is a great guy and a great working magician. If you are looking for solid magic that you can perform in real life working environments rather than face on in front of a camera, then Gary's your man! #legend
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Can't ever go wrong with anything Gary puts out, highly recommend all to see this!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Well there's only 3 days , 12 hrs & 37 seconds until I can view this lecture.

Not that I am eager or counting mind ha.

Mike Donoghue
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2016, mike donoghue wrote:
Have talked to Gary a few times on the phone but unfortunately, I ain't met him yet.

Can't wait to meet him though. I think I have almost everything that he has released.

I could say that he is one of the best working close up workers in Britain but that would not be true.

Mike Donoghue

Mike. You have almost everything that anyone has released. Lol.

Plus 1 for looking forward to this. Top performer, and all round nice guy.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
You are right Pegasus, I have a lot of stuff lol.

Gary's Fire Cups routine is something I do( at the moment thought it's my Chop Cup routine I am using. That may change to my variation of JIGGERNAUGHT though or a very quick full sized Cup & Ball Routine).

I noticed though that on the trailer Gary has a new ending for the routine which is just as funny.

It was an eye opener for me that you can get just as big a reaction from a small set of cups & just one final load but it's true. The saying is correct, that if you add a bit of flash paper to a routine a lay audience loves it.

Of course I have added my own bits & pieces to the routine which I explained to Gary over the phone & his equally talented friend the amazing Chris Congreave when I met him at Blackpool last year.Also, looking forward to Mr Congreaves leture.

£21 for this download of stuff that is 90% of what I already own but as it's Gary so it is worth it.

Little changes or as John G. would say one degree can elevate an entertaining routine into something ever better.
I bet we both enjoy this mate.

Looking forward to it.

Mike Donoghue
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
Gary is the best magician and most creative person I know. Miss this at your peril.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I can't help but echo the previous comments. Gary is one of the best magicians working today and has an incredible knack of creating strong, commercial magic that you can't resist to perform. Every time I see him, I learn a lot and this lecture can't be missed!!!

Iain.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Happy Birthday Gary.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
So happy he's finally doing a penguin live lecture. I say without hesitation that Gary Jones is one of the best magicians I have ever met and certainly the most masterful practitioner of misdirection (or redirection, if you will) that I have ever seen in person. Plus, he's a great guy to boot.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This will be quite lecture!

This is not a series of effects that are sort of ok for lecture, this is real world magic that Gary actually does perform.

I book the lectures for my magic club and I've caught quite few lecturers out who lecture things they do not perform at paid gigs.

Gary's lecture is full of workable material, this is one lecture worth picking up, especially for the non UK guys who may be wondering who Gary is!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Looking forward to a wonderful working worker, working his way to the top
MD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gary Jones LIVE: Sunday Nov 6th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL