The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gary Jones LIVE: Sunday Nov 6th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2016, MDon 2233 wrote:
Yes great words Mike, can we see a clip or website of you performing, love to watch a real gigging worker as you say .
Really love to see you in action please !!!
Tarik never delivered can you
MD

Here are pics of Mike doing his thing. Some great audience reactions there.
http://www.mikedonoghuemagician.co.uk/gallery
MDon2233, let's see you in action now please.
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Hmm yes great pictures , well to be honest not that great. Couple of points
1 This is not you !! I know all about you this is why I always question your constant post saying your a pro you're not , this is not you or your contact number this is fake , lets see a video of you performing.

2 See me in action, ?? I have no action I'm not pretending to be a WORKER as you aptly put it LOL

Mike you're delusional and to think someone else would do this makes them not well too .
All we need now is Tarik to come in with a website, and its cuckoo land

MD
#nice try though

lets see a video from a pro worker LOL
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
MDon 2233,

this has got to be the strangest post I have ever seen by anyone on the Café.

There is no footage of me performing anything on my website & that is for a good reason. ie. I don't want idiots like you nicking my material, patter, or the way I do things.

With 35 posts you are relativly new on here & with comments like that it probabley wont be longer before the "Men In Coats" come & take you away. Pun intended but it probably went over your head.

I won't reply to anymore comments by you but if you are ever at a magic convention & you know me come over & introduce yourself & very quickly you will get to know me very well.
If you are someone from the North East & you know me & you get your kicks out of using my 1st name initial & the 1st three letters of my surname, feel free to introduce yourself & I will show you another talent I have have & I can guarentee that you will remember me.

Mike Donoghue Pro magician begging to realis ethat a lot of magicians seem to have serious problems.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Typos again ha.
Better spell it out Begining to realise.

Mike
Drtriage
View Profile
Veteran user
My garden fence has
349 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Sadly, yet another thread veers off into an area nothing to do with the subject (Gary Jones' excellent lecture) - let's get back to discussing the lecture and the effects presented.
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Ok back on track with the lecture
Ok Mike will take you up on that, I have your contact details now coming to the North soon all the best MD
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Nicking your material ... have to say that's priceless good one LOL
MD
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Right M Don.

I said I would not respond to any more of your posts.

However, you have just contradicted one of your earlier posts.

How the hell are you going to contact me if it's not me on the website.If it's not me then you don't know what I look like.

Also if my contact details are fake how the F..K can you get in contact with me.

By all means though when you are up in the North East get in contact. South Tyneside is a convention I will be attending next year.

Also, what I mean by nicking routines is bits of business that are developed over time.

Enough time wasted addressing you.

If you do approach me you need to be polite as if you are not you will not like my reaction. End of conversation.

Mike Donoghue
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Ok
lets get on with the lecture
MD
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2016, Graham Johnston wrote:
My review of the lecture.

Firstly, although I have sort of met Gary at The Black Cap convention last year he would probably not know me. And I have seen Gary lecture at my club and at the Black Cap convention so I knew what to expect watching this. This isn't a dig at Gary, but he did look very knackered during the lecture, he wasn't flowing like I have seen him in the past. Thiis did not distract from the lecture, maybe the bar was closed ha ha !

Gary's Thoughts Deck. This was the highlight for me, and if you have ever been apprehensive about using a deck like this, just watch Gary's presentation in front of the live audience. I cannot recommended this trick any higher !

Graham J

Thank you for taking the time to review my lecture. Yes I was very tired, I had been on the road for a week prior to flying out to do the live shows, the filming of downloads and the lecture, plus the flights and jetlag so I wasn't firing on all cylinders LOL. But it was awesome fun!

The Black Cat convention and Penguin are two very different things completely, at the Cat day I just did my lecture without any interruptions, whereas the Penguin lecture format now is a stop and start style lecture while they show the performance clips of the night before show, and then you go into the explanations. This doesn't detract from the teaching, but I couldn't really slot in the gags and funny stuff due the this set-up (for me that was, others may prefer this format). Seven of the effects from the night before show are taught in the lecture so you do get a better feel for how they play to a "real" crowd (well, more of a seasoned "real" crowd, along with Penguin staff and magicians LOL) on the downside I had to halt the lecture 7 times while they showed the clips of these effects.

It's all good though, I had an awesome time, and the Penguin team treat you like a star, you never want for anything and you get 5 star treatment.

Yes the mind reading deck - I wanted to put this into the live show because I think a few magicians wouldn't have the nerve to do this effect, so performing it in the live show will hopefully kill these fears. I also performed it again for those at the lecture just to prove that my method for think of a card is 100% workable everytime, both in the 'real' world, and for magicians. This effect literally has taken me around the world, it is 100% surefire and it also fools magicians (and requires no fishing of the cards). Frank, the other magician who flew in from Washington DC to also perform on the live show stayed an extra day to watch the lecture to see how this effect was done, had I known this beforehand I would have explained it to him straight after the show Smile

Thank you.

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
250 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Drtriage wrote:
What is the black envelope used for the 3 way out? - he didn't mention the reference for it (I think).

Thanks

I have the same question. What's the name of the black envelope used in the Rock Paper Scissors routine? Looks Nice.
Drtriage
View Profile
Veteran user
My garden fence has
349 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2016, otreboR wrote:
Quote:
What is the black envelope used for the 3 way out? - he didn't mention the reference for it (I think).

Thanks

I have the same question. What's the name of the black envelope used in the Rock Paper Scissors routine? Looks Nice.

I asked Gary directly and for the reply was that he made it himself using black card and unfolding a paper envelope to use as a template.

(I suppose it is similar to the Kismet envelope in Ted Lesley' s book Paramiracles).

It is being made available from BBM I will get the link
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2016, Drtriage wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2016, otreboR wrote:
Quote:

Thanks

I asked Gary directly and for the reply was that he made it himself using black card and unfolding a paper envelope to use as a template.

(I suppose it is similar to the Kismet envelope in Ted Lesley' s book Paramiracles).

It is being made available from BBM I will get the link

Yes, I just took a pay type envelope and opened it out and used this as a template, which I used with some black card. I then cut two rectangular pieces of card just slightly thinner than the width of the envelope to act as dividers, so it becomes an envelope with three compartments. I'm not sure of the workings of the Kismet envelope, but mine is very lo-tech and very easy to make up. The envelope can also be used for Free Will type effects, and many other ESP effects. The Rock Paper Scissors effect is oh so simple to do, yet it is such a very strong mentalism effect in the eyes of the spectators, and once made up (a matter of minutes) you're always ready to hit them hard. I use it at the tables, in walk-about/strolling events, down the pub, and just about everywhere I go.

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Drtriage
View Profile
Veteran user
My garden fence has
349 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Thanks for the further details Gary.

The Kismet envelope is similar but rather than 2 separate dividers it has one piece folded over. Google Stevens magic Kismet for an online description.

Thanks again Gary.
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
250 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Thanks Gary!!!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I really enjoyed this lecture. I don't really do gambling routines, but I will likely do the first effect he did. I really loved it! I prefer humor to coming across like the pretentious gambler, but I realize people love gambling routines. For me, this was the perfect combination of gambling and humor.

KJ
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
I really enjoyed this lecture. I don't really do gambling routines, but I will likely do the first effect he did. I really loved it! I prefer humor to coming across like the pretentious gambler, but I realize people love gambling routines. For me, this was the perfect combination of gambling and humor.

KJ

I'm 100% with you on this 1KJ, that is why I developed this handling/presentation for Roger's awesome effect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW1NxcD9-Hc

It's all about having fun LOL. I usually just do this for magicians and close friends, but I see no reason why this couldn't be used in a longer type routine...And that's the great thing about magic, at lectures the performers/creators teach the basics, it's then up to each individual to take it and make it theirs!

Thank you 1KJ,

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
If any purchasers of the lecture would like a bonus self-working hard hitting mentalism routine (which uses something explained in the lecture), please go to your account page and ask me in the private forum and I will send you the routine.

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
596 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Only just seen this thread as I haven't had time to check on here much recently.

Gary is the 'real deal' when it comes to working for a living with magic. His material is punchy, straight to the point, but more importantly he's an entertainer.

You can tell how much Gary loves magic (and beer) as he is 'always on'. By that I mean whether he is working, sat in a bar with friends or lecturing for magicians, his enthusiasm and eagerness to share his magic comes through.

I remember Gary showing us his routine 'No Sleep' in a little Italian restaurant, years ago, and I have used it at every opportunity since.

A great 'worker' and a lovely bloke! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gary Jones LIVE: Sunday Nov 6th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL