The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pizza Paddle (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Hey guys, I haven't seen any talk about the Pizza Paddle by Rob Thompson. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21854

I've had it for a little over a week now and I think it's really good. Kids and adults love it. It's a great paddle routine that is totally different from all other paddle effects. Of course I took it one step further. I bought some wooden disks and made stickers with the pizza on one side and my info on the other side. Now I have great giveaways when I want to.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
The giveaway is a great idea.
A free pizza with every performance!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is really a great idea! I think this is the best application for a paddle routine.

KJ
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Great Idea makes sense after all these years a paddle Pizza I like it !
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1026 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
This was Reviewed on the Alakazam Vblog a few weeks back
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
It's a winner. The thickness of the discs I bought are about 1/8" thick. Would like to find 1.5"x3/16" thick wood or plastic discs though. Thinner is better if you want to use the pizza to do some coin moves.

btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
185 Posts

Profile of btwigg
I love the Pizza Paddle. Super relevant. I picked this up as soon as it dropped.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4643 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2016, Ron Vergilio wrote:
It's a winner. The thickness of the discs I bought are about 1/8" thick. Would like to find 1.5"x3/16" thick wood or plastic discs though. Thinner is better if you want to use the pizza to do some coin moves.

I'm confused, if thinner is better then why do you want to find thicker ones?
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
The only wooden discs I could find (looking on the internet) was from Craft stores and are approximately 1/8" thick. They work alright but the edges are somewhat rounded so classic palming is a little slippery. A thinner disc with square edges can be handled more like a silver dollar. My niece does crafting and she is bringing some Chipboard that is around 1/16" thick. Will see if it is rigid enough. The pizza piece that comes with the effect is about 3/32" thick but cannot figure out what the material is. I searched for wood, plastic, metal and acrylic, but nothing available in 1 1/2 diameter by 3/32" thick.

So, right now, the thicker ones are the only thing I've found.

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Ron,

How about printing mini pizzas on card stock and laminating them. You could then give a few out to kids as souvenirs. BTW, for smaller things like this, I laminate them myself with just a wide roll of clear tape.

KJ
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I wrote Rob regarding the extra pizzas but have not heard back from him yet. However, I did find a punch that is strong enough to cut through thick products so that will be my course if I don't hear back from Rob.

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have been playing around with this and just love it! I created a few miniature "Pizza" boxes and plan on giving out a souvenir (laminated cardstock print of a mini pizza) pizzas in a mini pizza box to the special person of the event. It takes me about 10 minutes to make a dozen pizzas and about 15 minutes to make four pizza boxes.

I'm going to work on a mini version of the pizza oven next (version of the die box).

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I had an idea to make a pizza oven where the pizza disappears, then changes into a burnt pizza, then changes back into a Pepperoni pizza souvenir.

Maybe I'll put my contact info on the back side.

KJ
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4643 Posts

Profile of videoman
Sounds like you're well on your way to an entire mini pizza act!
You'll soon become known as the Pizza Guy.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
LOL.

Yes, I am really liking this.

KJ
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Pizza, Pizza

btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
185 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
I had an idea to make a pizza oven where the pizza disappears, then changes into a burnt pizza, then changes back into a Pepperoni pizza souvenir.

Maybe I'll put my contact info on the back side.

KJ

Could you pm a picture of this? I'm interested to see what you came up with. Sounds super cool
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Btwigg,

Hi. There is an effect called the pizza oven. It is about the size of a medium or large pizza (pretty big). Here is a sample link:

http://www.smmagic.com/?p=339

This shows you a picture of the regular size unit.

I have this. My plan is to build something similar, but in miniature. I haven't done it yet. I am going to try to make something out of cardboard or thick cardstock.

As for the pizza boxes, I just print the word "Pizza" on cardstock and cut out a pizza box just like the regular ones, but also miniature.

KJ
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
There are coin boxes for jumbo coins that work on the same principal. I think it wouldn't be too hard to convert one to a pizza oven.
btwigg
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento, CA USA
185 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Btwigg,

Hi. There is an effect called the pizza oven. It is about the size of a medium or large pizza (pretty big). Here is a sample link:

http://www.smmagic.com/?p=339

This shows you a picture of the regular size unit.

I have this. My plan is to build something similar, but in miniature. I haven't done it yet. I am going to try to make something out of cardboard or thick cardstock.

As for the pizza boxes, I just print the word "Pizza" on cardstock and cut out a pizza box just like the regular ones, but also miniature.

KJ

Awesome man. Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pizza Paddle (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL