The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Moving Home by SansMinds (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
Anyone see this one yet?

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-23296.html

I have to admit, after seeing the demo video, I am baffled! But then I see who makes it (SansMinds) and I know not to get my hopes up. Anyone else hear anything about it?
chrislomas
View Profile
Regular user
Coningsby, Lincs
129 Posts

Profile of chrislomas
Agree with you completely. Looks great. But sansmind...
fadattf
View Profile
New user
AT
55 Posts

Profile of fadattf
It looks great - but let's wait.
Just took a look at a vLog Video and the don't even do tricks any more...the only magic is in the computer retouching the video.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
And yet even still I have to turn down my speakers for the trailer...atleast its not that screaming nonsense
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Seems similar to Iconic by Shin Lim in method with the moving camera. I think combining Iconic and this would be killer!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Would defiantly wait for reviews. Looks to good to be true.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It uses your own phone. It will be a dummy case, phone slots in, in reverse, magnet to slide dummy home button up the screen, and back down.

Only fits the iPhone 5 again. Smile
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
The dummy button looks like a dummy button...it certainly doesn't look like the sunken button on my iPhone.

And of course no indication of how easy it is to bring in and out of play.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Always people making unbased accusations. This effect works on iPhone and samsung, and any model of iPhone above 5 (90% of iPhone owners)
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
That did look Sweet !!!!
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Anyone got this?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I doubt it.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
It's not just for iPhone 5. I took the plunge this time. Should have it by early next week. So let's see what happens.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Any reviews on this?
Yours,

Ivan
Bryce
View Profile
Regular user
Oxon, UK
108 Posts

Profile of Bryce
Am I assuming correctly that this is just for the iPhone?
MindAgent
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of MindAgent
Can someone who owns the effect say if it can be done with the Samsung S6 Curve?
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I have a Feeling this will be another Looks Good on Demo, but will be another Disappointment

Time will tell
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Title: Moving Home
Publisher: Sans Minds
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level:
DVD Run time: 48:37

Type of effect: Moving hole effect with a smart phone

Manufacturer's Write Up: Almost everyone carries a mobile phone these days. Most people probably know more about their phone than their family. What if you can manipulate the beloved phone for a brief moment?

SansMinds Creative Lab is proud to present you the first of its kind. A phone manipulation effect that has never been done before. Moving Home allows you to move the location of a working home button. Each phase the routine crushes your spectator's reality more and more. You have to check out the live demo to experience the full three phase routine!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception

What's in the box? DVD and very limited materials to build the effect

How are the production values: Sans Minds always makes great looking DVDs. Jason is out in the street performing for very excitable spectators and Herman is back in the “Lab” on the white couch teaching you everything you need to know.

Is it well made: This DVD is heavy on prop construction, of which you will need to do a lot of. Yes, this effect will work for any model cell phone because you get to do all of it yourself. You will need access to a high quality, photo perfect scanner as well as photo software that will allow you to manipulate images.

Then you will need materials that you can construct that will replicate various portions of your smart phone. (you need to obtain on your own)

All Sans Minds is giving you are two small pieces of ferromagnetic metal; and a small portion of very thin monofilament.

Is it well taught: Yes, Herman leaves no stone unturned, keep in mind that 50% of the DVD is gimmick construction and set up.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Herman suggests carrying your rig in a t.t. in your pockt.

Does it "play big?" The classic moving hole routine is a brain scrambler and to do it with a cell phone is pretty cool.

Difficulty / Skill level required: This is not self-working, you will need to control your angles, lighting, ring the rig in and ditch it at the end,

How much arts and crafts are involved? Tons, way more than I would like

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) I would question its practicality. Working with i.t. is always a struggle when it’s on a rig that you have to unpack and then setup in a performance. Plus when working with i.t. you always need to be aware of your lighting.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

______Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
__X___ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Not a fan of this at all – would have preferred that Sans Minds made this for a particular iphone model and called it a day

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIw0KzCE7AI
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIw0KzCE7AI

Or, if you want to see the review for THIS product: Smile

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks for the detailed review.

The phone on the cover is upside down I think.
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Moving Home by SansMinds (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL