The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Snow storm (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Hello.
I did my first show for a Little Child school.
Thanks for all advice in This site.
So, I bought some chinese snow storm from eBay And I don't know if it's not too good or if I don't Know how to use. Maybe its the two things.
Its is possible to do the trick just using a fan or I need a snow storm cânon?
I read some posts saying to use a paper dryer.
Thanks.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
It might be an inferior product. You should be able to disperse the "flakes" with your thumb, while fanning it. It does take some practice, you need a good fan and need to really work it. You don't need a canon - Kevin James makes some excellent snow storm "ejectors". Google Kevin James snowstorm. Jim
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
If your snow storm is the confetti type check the paper separates easily if its cut bad it wont. If it doses separate then it the fan. You need a big strong one and as mentioned really work it.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I developed a chair with a nozzle to shoot air straight up from a compressed air SCUBA pony bottle. It works great in my large shows. The darn thing weighs close to 50 pounds though. With all the benefits of this chair, I still enjoy using a handheld fan only. The hair dryer idea makes no sense to me. Get a good size Chinese fan - I prefer red. Choose your confetti wisely, there are differences. You can also make them, but you need the very, very, very thin white paper. I use a paper ball filled with confetti which gives me an incredible amount of snow.

If you commit to doing this, as this is the season to be jolly, make sure you bring a vacuum cleaner or agree with the client/venue about cleanup. Static electricity spreads the stuff all over. When I first started doing the routine, maybe 20 years ago, I had the CEO of a large firm cleaning up my mess. I felt real bad. Good lesson learned.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Thanks for helping me.
vannma
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of vannma
I got my last batch of "snow" from Kevin James but that was a while back. Not sure if he is still selling it.
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
I bought mine from ebay chinnese seller, but with a little practice...and the advices of forum (thanks jimhlou) I improve this.
Thanks.
cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Apple Valley, California
57 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
I am planning on doing this in a show a few months from now. Is it better to keep the snow in the original wrapper band or pop them out and bundle a few of them in a tissue?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8362 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
WOW! "SNOW" in Brazil!!! (hee hee)

By now, you probably have solved the "problem" of creating a "blizzard"!!!

BE SURE to follow the advice above about cleaning up the 'snowflakes"!!!

(This "advice" from the Upper Peninsula of MICHIGAN!!! (just south of the CANADIAN BORDER!)

Until Kevin James "invented" his "snow blower" a good FAN was the standard prop to do the snowstorm.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:
WOW! "SNOW" in Brazil!!! (hee hee)

By now, you probably have solved the "problem" of creating a "blizzard"!!!

BE SURE to follow the advice above about cleaning up the 'snowflakes"!!!

(This "advice" from the Upper Peninsula of MICHIGAN!!! (just south of the CANADIAN BORDER!)

Until Kevin James "invented" his "snow blower" a good FAN was the standard prop to do the snowstorm.

Yes Dick , because we don't have snow in Brazzil, the kids likes a lot.
I found the snowstorm in tarbell course
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
69 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2017, cuervo5150 wrote:
I am planning on doing this in a show a few months from now. Is it better to keep the snow in the original wrapper band or pop them out and bundle a few of them in a tissue?

Its better to keep in the original band, because it´s "compact". If you remove the wrapper band, it will never be the same.
I think it´s made by a kind of machine.
cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Apple Valley, California
57 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
Thanks for the feedback and yeah I think your right on the money...they look highly compressed in there. Looks like they were punched in a press to cut them so evenly.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8362 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
That TARBELL is worth your time, eh? !!!

Glad! to hear that Tarbell was helpful! (Much of my show "came" from Tarbell!)

Best Wishes!

Dickk
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Snow storm (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL