The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Float a Buck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ash_arani
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ash_arani
Loops are just the best way for levitations and a moment's notice...
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Never levitate, only animate. That's my theory, unless some one really believes you can float a dollar bill which that's 1 out of 50 people, they are going to think 9 times out of 10 "it must be string", so if your going to use invisable thread make some thing move across the table or jump around but never float. If you ask me I would invest in some loops that way you can move things around like a straw in a glass or a pair of glasses sudenly lifting up onto its lenses. Im sure many people are going to disagree with me on that but I pride my self on realistic effects and floating a dollar bill just screams "STRING" to a spectator.
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Saulie
View Profile
New user
Independence mo
3 Posts

Profile of Saulie
If I have the reel set up beforehand... I just attach it to one of my rings and boom... Though when it comes to magic at a moments notice... Sleight-of-hand I think is the best... but for a simple trick, I go with the 'Gipsy Vanish'. All you need is a couple coins, and something to cover it with (Scarf, large dinner naptkin, I have even used my shirt before)).
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5360 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
There's a two volume set of thin, comb-bound books called The Art of Close-Up Levitation. They were put together by Jon Jensen, Dan Harlan and others. Volume 1 is "IT" effects and volume 2 is imptomptu, no "IT" involved. I'm sure there are better resources out there, but I found a few really good ideas here. They're worth a look.
boboangus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of boboangus
Kennedy's Floating Bill is excellent!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13993 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2004-11-10 19:34, Maaaagic! wrote:
A loop looks fantastic. I wanted to try it last weekend but before I got a chance one of the girls I was out with suddenly asked why I had a pube tied around my wrist. I read in the instructions that I could leave it there all day an no-one would ever know. Case of bad luck I guess, so be warned - or don't hang out with the type of girls I do.

That girl must have had 30/30 vision! Those things are darned HARD to see when they are around your wrist! That is incredible that she noticed it!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Quote:
On 2005-11-25 20:47, daffydoug wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-11-10 19:34, Maaaagic! wrote:
A loop looks fantastic. I wanted to try it last weekend but before I got a chance one of the girls I was out with suddenly asked why I had a pube tied around my wrist. I read in the instructions that I could leave it there all day an no-one would ever know. Case of bad luck I guess, so be warned - or don't hang out with the type of girls I do.

That girl must have had 30/30 vision! Those things are darned HARD to see when they are around your wrist! That is incredible that she noticed it!

I find it useful to wear the Loop next to my wrist watch. Doesn´t attract attention there and you can transfer it to the other hand shortly before you perform.

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
You could use loops.
I use my spider pen for that pretty often.
works great for me

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Quote:
That girl must have had 30/30 vision!

You mean '10/10'. The lower the numbers, the better you see. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1906 Posts

Profile of tbaer
LeClair hookup for me.
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 12:32, airship wrote:
You mean '10/10'. The lower the numbers, the better you see. Smile

Actually, it's just the last number. The first number is always 20 when using a standard 20-ft chart. So 20/20 means that at 20 feet you see what most people see at 20 feet. 20/40 means at 20 ft you see as well as most people see at 40 ft.

Thus, exceptionally good vision would be 20/10 or even better is 20/5. Dunno what it takes to see a loop at 6 ft (In my experience they are much thinner than pubes...)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Float a Buck? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL