The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Classic Pass Practice: the noise (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of MarcoLostSomething
This short video is devoted to the training of one of the most underrated (for some people at least) points of the Pass: the noise.
I believe that a silent pass is a consequence of a good form maintained applying the correct technique, and that is what I am exercising and striving for.
And in order to do so I will be forever a student.

I used the dribble as a "sample" to relate all the other sounds (hopefully not many).

In addition, 3 angles are provided.

May your audience never burn the deck as a camera does.

Any suggestion or just any comment is appreciated.
I've trained the pass for... a lot, but I never stop studying.

PS: The first part of the title and the description is in italian, but I traslated it in English in this post and in the second part of the title.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
You seem well on your way to having a noiseless pass.

But work on eliminating any hand movement. A silent pass is useless if you betray the move by sudden and unmotivated jerkiness of the hands.
MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Fair enough, what was I thinking?
Maybe I'm not at my best today, but at least I feel it's better than the previous one:

Thanks for making me notice this. Sometimes I just don't pay attention
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
That's a great pass and I'm sure when not being done static for a camera it would work but I was struck by the excessive squaring action too.

It would be interesting if you posted a video of you showing a card in the center and then NOT doing the pass. Just close the deck and square it.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

A good point was made on keeping the hands stationary, but I have to mention that the jiggle pass has this exact rapid motions as a cover for the classic pass.
I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as an "invisible" pass, mostly when performed to a camera that catches everything. That's not to find an excuse, but to contextualize a bit
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
It is a good pass by the way, it will fly by 99.5% of audience in real world.

Just a personal preference, instead of swing the deck back and front to cover the action of combine two halves, I prefer to riffle the top half follow by dribble the whole deck follow by. Just a thought for your consideration.

Nice to see an almost invisible pass as most videos on magic these days are crappy demo

Keep up the good work!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
SvenSigma
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
151 Posts

Profile of SvenSigma
If my pass was anywhere near your videos, I would not worry a second about noise. I struggle with hiding the passed half with my hands as much as possible.
It takes a baby in the belly six months to learn how to put the thumb in the mouth.

The rest of life is essentially the same problem.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Classic Pass Practice: the noise (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL