The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Collusion: great trick! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
I just wanted to comment how great reactions I get when performing John Bannon's Collusion. It is a great trick, can be performed with a borrowed deck and the setup is very easy and self working. Somehow manages to get the Gemini Twins concept to a new level. I recommend it especially because as an amateur and beginner like myself, having the feeling of performing a trick like this and the reactions I get is so rewarding.
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Where is it Published?
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2016, Sixten wrote:
Http://johnbannonmagic.com/dvds/movezero1.html

Smile

It's actually published in Mentalissimo.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2016, mattH wrote:
Where is it Published?

You can find it in the Move Zero Vol.1 DVD, but in fact the version there (you can see a trailer in youtube) is very very slow and I didn't think it was that great at first.
BUT John Bannon performed and teached it in his Penguin Live lecture, and that version is much better. I really recommend you getting the Lecture instead of the DVD to learn that and many other Bannon tricks.
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
72 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
Thanks for the info on Collusion - agree that it provides a nice effect for an impromptu routine with quick setup... I like to do Gemini Twins as a quick/simple effect, but like this twist/presentation better.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I think collusion is a wonderful trick. I performed it plenty of times and it always gets great reactions.

Allen
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Another vote for Collusion! The simple Gemini Twins idea is made "impossible"! Excellent trick for both beginners and seasoned workers. The Move Zero dvd seems 'slow'; but this might be on purpose for the dvd (even for the presentation section). Lynn
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Collusion is indeed a fantastic routine, and a brilliant self-worker. It really does take the Gemini Twins effect to a whole new level.

If you haven't seen it, you can see a performance video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH5D5WQdBT8

matsam
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matsam
Collusion is great! It is perhaps one of my two favorites from the first two Move Zero DVDs. My other favorite is Dead Reckoning. Also like AK-47.
If using a borrowed or shuffled deck, it does require one very quick sleight, but it wasn't too hard to learn with a little practice.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Is collusion basically the same as four sided Gemini, or am I getting confused?
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 31, 2018, Terrible Wizard wrote:
Is collusion basically the same as four sided Gemini, or am I getting confused?

It uses a similar method, but is a different effect. Here's an excerpt from my review of Move Zero Vol. 1 that summarizes these two effects:

1. Collusion

Two spectators each secretly select a number between from 1-20, deal that many cards and then mark that place in the deck with a Joker. The two cards adjacent to the Jokers are revealed to create a third card (one selected card represents value, the other represents suit). When the spectators reveal the numbers they've secretly chosen and add them together, amazingly at that place in the deck is the very card created by the two other cards!

Comment: This utilizes a principle from the Karl Fulves' classic Gemini Twins, but takes it to another level, by using the two cards selected to create a third card, which happens to show up at a chosen number in the deck. The overall effect is a variation on the popular Any Card at Any Number (ACAAN) effect. Others have correctly noted that the effect is reminiscent of Chris Mayhew's CAANDY, but it is stronger (especially if you actually shuffle the deck at the beginning), and much, much easier to perform. The set-up and method here is surprisingly simple given how stunning the final reveal is! John also gives some tips about setting up on the fly after the spectator has shuffled.

7. Four Sided Gemini

Can a triangle have four sides? In this trick, two spectators each pick a number under 20 and deal down that many cards. The magician deals to a card that is the sum of their numbers and produces an Ace, matching the two cards the spectators have dealt to (also Aces), and a final card in the card box, the final Ace.

Comment: This trick uses the same method as Collusion, but here this is used to produce the four Aces. The underlying principle here is again the method used for the classic Gemini Twins by Karl Fulves, but the presentation and outcome makes it feel quite different. I think I prefer Collusion, but this is a nice variation. The four-sided triangle is a presentation idea that originates with a Max Maven effect.

See here for my full review of the entire DVD, which I can highly recommend to those who are considering picking it up:

Ender's Review: Move Zero Vol 1 (John Bannon) - Self-Working Tricks Made Truly Magical with the Genius of John Bannon

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=664716

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Cheers Enders Smile. Weirdly, I think I prefer 4 sided - esp done from FSDIU.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
This effect can easily be combined so you force three more cards by turning the piles over that are naturally made after removing the 4 other cards.
You will need to double undercut to cards to the bottom. Have the 1st card chosen then undercut the bottom card to the top then have the 2nd card chosen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Collusion: great trick! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL