The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can we please start the "Best of 2016" voting thread soon? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
...And for your Thurston award nominee?


Magictao
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
...And for your Thurston award nominee?


Magictao


They do have that money vanish down pretty well now.
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
150 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Does someone here know Jamie well enough to contact him and ask him to start this years thread?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
...And for your Thurston award nominee?


Thurston: Chris Philpott
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Why the hurry. 2016 is not over yet.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And it's on the wrong forum.
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
150 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
"And it's on the wrong forum."
"Why the hurry. 2016 is not over yet."

Both covered earlier in the thread.

.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
Does someone here know Jamie well enough to contact him and ask him to start this years thread?


It looks like the thread has already started.
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
150 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
Does someone here know Jamie well enough to contact him and ask him to start this years thread?


It looks like the thread has already started.


I am not seeing it under Tricks & Effects, do you have a link?

.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
"And it's on the wrong forum."
"Why the hurry. 2016 is not over yet."

Both covered earlier in the thread.

.


Not everyone is looking for new magic for the end of the year.
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
150 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
"And it's on the wrong forum."
"Why the hurry. 2016 is not over yet."

Both covered earlier in the thread.

.


Not everyone is looking for new magic for the end of the year.


nor at the start of the year when many are broke and have less engagements, or the middle of the year for that matter.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
Does someone here know Jamie well enough to contact him and ask him to start this years thread?


It looks like the thread has already started.


I am not seeing it under Tricks & Effects, do you have a link?

.


Dude,
This is the thread.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Barnstormer wrote:
"And it's on the wrong forum."
"Why the hurry. 2016 is not over yet."

Both covered earlier in the thread.

Not everyone is looking for new magic for the end of the year.


nor at the start of the year when many are broke and have less engagements, or the middle of the year for that matter.


Right back back on the first page you said magicians want new stuff for the holidays. Myself and most of the workers I know wouldn't be adding something that just came out to their shows they are doing between now and the end of the years. Then is something great comes out now then it will not be able to be voted on for 2017 since it came out in 2016. I mean really we should wait til the end of the year some something like this.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1063 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Jamie allows the contest to run in to the next year so that all of the effects released during the contest period can be considered for nomination.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1063 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Jamie allows the contest to run in to the next year so that all of the effects released during the contest period can be considered for nomination.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Of course, let it run into 2017, but no reason for it to not be open now.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3257 Posts

Profile of warren
My vote is for Murray Mint by Michael Murray Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1063 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
You get three nomination votes and a Thurston Award nomination vote. In fact, I believe Jamie may even add another category this year such as a separate best mentalism effect award.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
What a joke................ Smile Smile
mndude
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of mndude
Ok, I agree it's about time to start. Should we start contacting Jamie or Saysold or some other big names?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can we please start the "Best of 2016" voting thread soon? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL