The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Lie Wallet (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
New Release: November 13, 2016

Black Lie Wallet

http://www.magiciankevinwade.com/store.html

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kevin
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Looks nice.

I'm interested in the multiple outs feature of your wallet. I use multiple outs in my two overstuffed wallets, and I prefer to use multiple outs with something thin. Could you tell us a little bit more about the indexing and multiple outs feature ? How many outs ? Also, is there a himber feature in your wallet ?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Thank you mh1001!

As you stated, BL is very thin (just under 3mm thick) which in my opinion only enhances deception. The number of predictions the wallet can retain will be dependent upon the paper, how or if it is folded and arranged. To be more precise, if desired you could have as many as five business cards that have been folded in fourths indexed. For a two out routine, the paper would not have to be folded.

For example: Write a prediction, fold it up and place it in the otherwise empty wallet. When ready to reveal, reopen the wallet and remove any one of the previously indexed predictions.

The wallet does not have a himber feature in the traditional sense. It will allow for switches, steals and loads (among a few other things).

If you have anymore questions, please let me know.

Kevin
music
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of music
How about a video that actually shows it being used?
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Will any magic dealers in the uk be selling this.
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Music:

Hello. Thank you for your post!

As for an actual performance video, trust me, I am working on it. That stuff takes time. Smile

What you will see is the reaction one would expect from someone that has had his or her mind read or witnessed what would appear to be a demonstration of ESP.

I will message you when it is complete.

Kevin
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Rob.m

Thank you for your question.

Sorry, there is no plan to release this for dealer distribution at this time. It is only available through my site.

Thank You,
Kevin
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
443 Posts

Profile of westo
Buy button not working Kevin.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Westo:

That's strange. If you haven't you might try and reload the page.

If possible, please let me know if it still has issues.

As an alternative method, you can simply send payment using my email account:

kwade@cableone.net

Thank you for the heads-up!

Kevin
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1200 Posts

Profile of Jared
Kevin, looks very interesting but would like some more detailed information before deciding whether to purchase. FYI- it looks more like a pouch than a wallet. Does it open/function like a traditional wallet?
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks for your answers Kevin.

May I ask another question ? Since it doesn't have himber feature, can this wallet allows you to somewhat flash the compartment empty ? I ask because that's what I usually do with my gimmicked wallets that have himber and multiple outs feature. I guess that if it is used to do switches, you can flash the inside empty for a brief moment.
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Jared:

Hello! Black Lie looks and functions like a single compartment business card wallet, holder, or some might call it a case. It is a device stitched on three sides creating a pocket. When you give it a slight squeeze, the pocket begins to open.

When deciding how to label BL, I was torn on the best descriptive word to use. When I see an accessory such as BL, I consider it a wallet. I realize others might refer to it as something different. As you stated, one might reference it as a pouch. Personally, that is not what comes to my mind.

Jared, I am sure you already understand what I am about to discuss which may or may not relate to your question. I think it is within the realm of this topic and worth sharing for anyone using a device such as BL. In the book that accompanies BL I discuss in detail how important it is during your routine to never make a single reference to the wallet. As with most all magic routines involving a visible utility device, it is imperative to keep the presentation at the forefront. Your audience should never suspect it has anything to do with the magic. The wallet is simply an accessory you have chosen to carry your business cards. After the routine, your spectators should have less than a faint memory it was ever in play.

In performance, resist the urge from ever mentioning the word wallet. Do not say phrases like, As you can see, I have a wallet, or Now I will return your card back to the wallet, and please, please, please do not utter the words, It is impossible for me to see what you have written through the wallet. There is no need to state the obvious. When you place their card back inside the wallet, just do it. In most cases, we as performers need to refrain from over verbalizing our actions or narrating intentions. Often this is done with the idea that we are announcing just how fair we are being, when in fact it often evokes unnecessary attention and focus.

In conclusion, we can call Black Lie whatever we want. As for my audience, they will never hear me call it anything.

Jared, I know that was more than what you were asking. I hope you don't mind me expanding the response. I appreciate your interest!

Kevin
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Mh1001

Ask as many questions as you like. I appreciate your interest!

You certainly can flash or for that matter show the wallet empty as long as you want. There is nothing to see. That is what I feel is the backbone and beauty of Black Lies design. When in use, it appears to be a wallet built with one single opaque compartment. Nothing more or less. Yet it is not. There is nothing about the wallet that should warrant suspicion. Especially if you follow the suggestions written in my previous post and the many found in the book that is included with Black Lie.

Keep them coming!
Kevin
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks again Kevin.

It looks very interesting now that you say that. I own the Pantera wallet, and I can peek without reopening the wallet, which is a feature I really like, but it can't allow me to do a switch, or be used as multiple outs. From what I have read, it seems you can peek without reopening the wallet, which is nice. What I like is that you said you have 5 indexes. I would have thought you have less indexes, given how it's small and thin. Five is clearly more than what I expected, so it's really nice.

I'm eager to see your performance video, although I may end up purchasing it even without the video (I need to sell some magic stuff, however, as I have so many things I don't use).

Also, I appreciate you don't charge excessive shipping cost outside US, as I have seen in many instances shipping costs, outside US that are extremely high. So, Overall, the price is not prohibiting.
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Mh1001

In response to your last post, you are correct. You do not reopen the wallet to acquire the peek.

The number of billets you are able to index can vary depending on the paper used and how it is folded. I personally only use three outs. This allows me to perform a more favorable version of Deddy Corbuzier’s Free Will routine.

My first discovery while building and working with Black Lie was how easy it is to acquire a peek. I quickly learned this tool has the capability to do much more. I'm not sure if you are interested but Black Lie also allows you to perform secret writing including: swami, double and pocket.

As for the shipping, my goal is to provide a great product mentalists will use at a fair price.

Take Care,
Kevin
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Any news on this, Kevin ? I'm still interested in a demo video. In particular, I want to see if you can load a billet in a way similar to the SUC. Thanks.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
This looks very good anyone purchased this ?

Would. Be good to see a review
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Mh1001:

I made a video just for you Smile showing billet loads using Black Lie.

https://youtu.be/h5-HQotcGhc

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank You,
Kevin
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
Mh1001:

I made a video just for you Smile showing billet loads using Black Lie.

https://youtu.be/h5-HQotcGhc

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank You,
Kevin
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2208 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Kevin kindly (and promptly) answered a question I had - my order is in. I like the slim, simple nature of this, its versatility and it also looks a quality product.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Black Lie Wallet (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL