The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Faerie Shilling by Professor BC (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wow--so beautiful! The coins, the purse, the story; it is mesmerizing. I've asked my wife for Xmas... my mortal fate rests completely in her hands now...

Thanks so much, Dan and Prof BC! Maybe a brief tutorial at ECSS..?
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2016, Seth speaks wrote:
Wow--so beautiful! The coins, the purse, the story; it is mesmerizing. I've asked my wife for Xmas... my mortal fate rests completely in her hands now...

Thanks so much, Dan and Prof BC! Maybe a brief tutorial at ECSS..?

Well, we'll both be there!
MM2714330
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MM2714330
Sounds like a great routine, I think everyone is excited to see the dissolving coin effect and the holy prayer card that seems to be the secret sauce on achieving that part. My hands just don't manipulate coins very well so this could be a good option.. awaiting some reviews!
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
420 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2016, LebanonCircle wrote:
Quote:
Maybe a brief tutorial at ECSS..?

Well, we'll both be there!

If one of you could show me/us the latest Prof BC creations it would be a real treat (eg Fairy Shilling, confudamus, Lycanthrope Moon, Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key....)
Nothing better to see the creator of an effect performing it.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
540 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Ordered thirty seconds ago...and I've only checked if the postmans been twice already!
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RockTrollCrafts

Websites built for creators and performers of the bizarre - www.oakdigitalsolutions.co.uk
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
A quarter have sold in the first 60 minutes....
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Sir
Done.

Thanks, fellas, for another wonderful effect.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
540 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Not surprised Dan, looks fantastic. The link to download the 52 page PDF arrived in seconds and it's a corker. I'm supposed to be working so have only had a quick glance through but it looks like Prof BC has once again gone the extra seven miles (in seven league boots of course) to provide a thoroughly beautiful and comprehensive guide. Now stop reading this and go and get the sleigh loaded! I have to get back to work.....oh maybe I'll read just one more page....
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RockTrollCrafts

Websites built for creators and performers of the bizarre - www.oakdigitalsolutions.co.uk
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Oh yes it all looks amazing and straight out of a fairy tale.
For me forever out of reach but I feel this should be in the hands of people who perform more often and better than me anyhow.

I love your realm of fairy Prof BC. Even if one or other prop is out of reach (like this effect) it drives my imagination so much. Thank you for this which
you give for free, this said, the prices are totally correct as they are.
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
603 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
I am basing an entire show around this! I have been looking for a long time for the perfect effect as basis for a "fairy tale" themed performance.

I cannot wait until this arrives! Thank you Prof BC and Dan Baines! I am looking forward to seeing you both in January!

Vince
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
912 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Oh "crud"!..I want this just for the coins and purse alone and to display to my Irish son-in-law, but I have two other fantastic custom type items lined up in the budget for the next four weeks at least! And when Imfirst read about it weeks ago I was curious, but thinking the coin stuff and faerie theme just did not fit what I do and the persona I project,....but gosh-dang if this is still available after January 31st (and not sold out before the ECSS, which I cannot attend)...I sure as heck would make a go at this...!

Smile Smile Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I hope you don’t mind if I weigh in with an early perspective here. I have this right now and it’s quickly become one of my most cherished pieces.

I was gifted with an advance copy of The Faerie Shilling, for unknowingly sending our Professor off to experiment in the Faerie Realm, by simply recommending a book. This book was a favorite of mine during my recent travels in Ireland and I suppose I had hoped it would inspire BC as well. Little did I know it was to be the simple flap of wings that build to a storm of invention and ingenuity from Professor BC.

With The Faerie Shilling not only has the Professor crafted and curated a gorgeous collection… not only has he fused it with fairy folklore in such a seamless way that it truly becomes a storyteller’s dream to adapt and explore… not only has he created a wealth of tools to design the presentation to fit or hit any marks you desire… he has opened a door to poor, sleight-challenged bizarrists such as myself. This can be a completely sleightless marvel. And this is what I want to underline.

All the serpents were not driven out by Patrick! No. There, next to the coins, lies a viper. This handsome little brocade coin purse is coiled and ready to strike with a multitude of assists. I will not go into detail, of course, but this purse was sewn by wicked hands. So now, here’s the best part for me: With such confidence and bolstered by this supportive design, I have begun to embrace some simple sleights to amplify my tale. All of these covered expertly in the celebrated Professor BC Performance Manual. It’s empowering.

I have come to realize that in my bizarre journey I am chasing enchantment through the dark. Wonders both terrifying and lovely. The Realm of Faerie offers that to me. With the GYRE, Doppelgänger, my Mummified Fairy from LC, and the Faerie Shilling I have a complete show to spin these gossamer threads of fear and delight.

Thank you, Prof BC.

Perkins
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of solidoak
YES! My wife okay'd this as my Christmas present! After I read Perkins comment I knew I had to have it. (Thank you Perkins) Just put the order in and hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Rick
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Ordered. Smile
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
This whole set is just WAY too clever. I can't believe the work you put into this Prof BC.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quick update.

All UK/EU stock is gone and there's 40 copies left. Looks like we will be sold out before ECSS at this rate!

All non US orders have shipped. Prof BC has told me that he intends to ship the US orders on Friday.

Darkly

Dan
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
28 sets remain.

Dan's stock is gone. I will be posting all remaining orders directly from the USA.

Thank you, most sincerely, for your enthusiasm and support.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1560 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just ordered !! Was hoping there would be a few left today when I got home, looks like these are selling out super fast ! Will be surprised to see any left by Sunday.....
I love these xmas gifts/treats I get for myself, I seem to always know what to get me & never been disappointed Smile LoL
Wabojeg
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor
78 Posts

Profile of Wabojeg
Hello. I ordered this today but of course, the coins will not arrive for a while and I am happy to read the manual. It is incredible. I can't wait to get my hands on the coins. It is incredible and I wouldn't part with it. That said, I do have one observation or question. Parts of the routines only work in one on one performance? Was this not meant to be performed as part of a show? Thanks for any wisdom you can share with me on this. Kevin
horus1
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of horus1
I admit I was considering holding off or passing on this effect. I'm just really trying to utilize all my dark purchases and I wondered how much practical use this would bring.
Don't get me wrong.. I'm a huge fan of the good Professor and actually have most..er virtually all of his brilliant offerings. - But this one felt like maybe it would fare better in someone else's arsenal rather than my own.
More accurately I think the price point was right on the edge of my impulse boundary and the decision required a bit more thought.

I'm happy to report that I did indeed purchase it and a read through the performance manual confirmed I had wildly underestimated the magnitude of this offering.
Perkins is right when he called the coin purse a viper. And there are so many more tricks and twists that the description eludes to but does't elaborate on. I was amazed at the depth of thought and the versatility of the routine, and without giving away the ghost let me just say - it aint just coins, a bag and a clever plot. These are some devilish gaff and it's all laid out in a way to truly make it your own.

Again - all I have to go on is the manual... but I at least wanted to share my enthusiasm for those on the fence.
Thank you Professor and Dan. Realm of the Faerie continues to delight. - and I can't wait to see how you bring it all to a close with the Grimm Super Dopps!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Faerie Shilling by Professor BC (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL